Inter-war RAF roundels

Is anyone currently making an inter-war RAF roundels set? I need loads of them in 1/72 and 1/48 in sizes that cover the usual Silver Wings subjects -- Moth, Tutor, Hart variants, Fury, Siskin, Bulldog, Gauntlet / Gladiator etc -- but I can't seem to find anyone making them any more. There used to be the Model Alliance sheets that went with the Silver Wings individual markings sheets, and I have one sheet of that in 1/72 but the 1/48 seems to be completely unobtainable. Pretty sure Modeldecal used to do them, but no more. I don't think they are in the Pheon range either, unless I have missed something.  There are sheets of A-type roundels available but those seem to be all in the darker post-Munich colours* that carried on until after the war (Gloster-built Hurricanes and other abberations notwithstanding) 

This seems like a market opportunity for someone... 

*I assume these are printed in wartime colours, it's really impossible to judge colours on a monitor but if anyone can say for sure I would be glad for the confirmation either way

https://www.fantasyprintshop.co.uk/shop/r-f-roundels-type-fp867-1-48-scale/

Edited by Work In Progress

@Work In Progress,

Have you given thought to using vinyl reusable masks to do the roundels? I think Kenny at Gators masks and More could help you. You can see what he already has made up, or he will be happy to make what you need in your scale. I'm not affiliated with him, nor do I receive anything in consideration- just a satisfied customer; I know other BM'ers have used his products and liked them. I think he could even do masks for the pre-war black serials with the white outlines in 1/48 scale. Good luck!

Mike

Thanks, that certainly helps for the tiddlers, looks like they have done their own interpretation of the old Modeldecal 107 rather than a straight re-print of it. 

Fingers crossed for someone to do 1/48

Vinyl masks: could be a possible last resort I suppose. In anything less than 1/32 I am certainly not able to cut my own masking film circles to the accuracy and small sizes required 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

Thanks, that certainly helps for the tiddlers

4 hours ago, Jonners said:

Thanks for the 'steer', Mark - just what I needed, just when I needed it! 👍

Jon

Glad to help Gents!