Spitfire Mk.IXc - MA574/A, GC.I/7 'Provence', Dijon, September 1944 - #FINISHED#

19 hours ago, almac said:

Very nice work. Excellent brush work.

Cheers Allan 

17 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

That's a beauty John.

Cheers chaps, apologies for the delayed reply. I have just finished adding the stencil data, so should have it completed in the next few days. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After painting up the lights this morning, I can call this one done. It's been a relatively quick build for me, made quicker due to the ease of assembly of this lovely little kit, as I said previously the cockpit is a simple assembly making it ideal for the less experienced builder and, with a little care, the wing/fuselage join is a great fit.

49896927568_73725eab8b_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

49897756042_7f672f89e0_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

49896927628_41df4dec9c_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

Thanks to all who have dropped in to view progress, and many thanks to Patrice @TEMPESTMK5 and Cookie @Cookenbacher for their encouragement along the way. There are more photos in the gallery.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

lovely little kit

It is indeed John.

The kit received some bad press I seem to recall, but looking at what you've done possibly a bit harsh. It looks every inch a Mk.IX to me and very nicely executed.

:goodjob:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

That's lovely John.

Thanks a lot Cookie.

2 hours ago, Ray_W said:

John, It's wonderful. I really like the colour scheme. Ray

Cheers Ray, glad that you like it. The scheme is something different to the usual fayre, and that was enough reason for me to select it.

2 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon John

Very good job you have done here , maybe a little bit too clean for me but afterall it is your build ....

Best Regards

Patrice

Thank you Patrice. I don't often weather my builds, mainly due to being afraid of messing things up, though I did have a go at a panel wash on this rescribed Airfix Angel Interceptor a couple of years ago.

42285166530_1c722c1d5d_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

43187639885_90600fe2eb_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

1 hour ago, Johnson said:

It is indeed John.

The kit received some bad press I seem to recall, but looking at what you've done possibly a bit harsh. It looks every inch a Mk.IX to me and very nicely executed.

:goodjob:

Cheers Charlie. It may be due to the simplistic nature of build in some areas when compared to other Mk.IX releases that has attracted criticism, but I am happy with the way this has turned out.

• Like 1