Pocher T50 Engine Kit

Like so many of us in these strange times...I have been looking for something to occupy the long days and...whilst searching through my bits and pieces...I uncovered this kit which was gifted to me by a very close friend a while back.

This is probably the closest I will ever get to a Pocher 'Classic'...so I would like to do it justice in terms of detail and finish...the latter of which poses a real problem for me...as I never have liked 'showroom'...and much prefer to weather my subjects in line with reality of use etc.

Those of you that still remember the Pocher Ducatti build will also remember the finishes and effects I employed...with a number of members asking me to show in more detail exactly how I achieved them.

With this in mind I thought this would be a good opportunity to do just that with this build...so it will not only be a W I P...but also an SBS of how I apply those effects and finishes.

Those of you familiar with the Pocher 'Classic' kits will also know that...unlike the 'Modern' era subjects...they included some levels of engine internals...crankshaft/pistons/valves etc. ...and this kit is no different.

Obviously...to showcase such details would require it to be built as a 'cutaway'...however...this is not my intention...although I may choose to build and display the crankshaft/pistons along side the main engine on it's base.

As a starting point...and for those of you that are not familiar with this kit...some pictures of the bits are in order...

IMG-4866.jpgIMG-4867.jpgIMG-4868.jpg

IMG-4869.jpgIMG-4870.jpgIMG-4871.jpg

IMG-4872.jpg

As you can see there are not a huge number of parts to it...less if you forget the internals.

In addition to the kit I purchased Paul Koo's DVD of building and detailing it...and have sourced a lot of reference pictures from the internet and various sites dedicated to such projects.

Let the fun begin.......

Ron

to be continued

Edited by silver911
added text
  • Like 3

Nice, i look forward to seeing this progress.  I might add what a great friend you have to gift you this kit.  Best of luck with this build, i'll be sure to follow along to see the progress.

Coops

• Like 1

Great to see you back here in action and not just text, Mr Finish ! And with a Pocher no less ! :frantic:

Your kit looks in excellent condition and your photos show your old photography excellence too. I'm sure no matter which path you choose, this will be a learning experience for us all.

Bravo and carry on ! :whip:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cooper645 said:

Nice, i look forward to seeing this progress.  I might add what a great friend you have to gift you this kit.  Best of luck with this build, i'll be sure to follow along to see the progress.

Coops

Thanks for comment Coop

Yep...he's a gentleman of note for sure.

Ron

3 hours ago, Codger said:

Great to see you back here in action and not just text, Mr Finish ! And with a Pocher no less ! :frantic:

Your kit looks in excellent condition and your photos show your old photography excellence too. I'm sure no matter which path you choose, this will be a learning experience for us all.

Bravo and carry on ! :whip:

Just need to clear a work space...and waiting on a couple of small bits to arrive...couple of days hopefully...then I will crack on 😎

Regards

Ron

Great, Ron!

I thoroughly enjoyed the build of the Ducati back then.

really great that you will explain in this build in detail how you achieve “the looks”. 

i have both an engine and a complete model in my stash, so I will be taking notes all the way as you go through your build.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1