Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 110C

Finished, or as finished as it is going to get. I think I'd need to build two or three of these to get one I'm happy with.

W.Nr.2831, 2N+GN, 5./ZG 1, flown by Fw.Manfred Dähne, Bordfunker Ogfr. Herbert Klinke.

20200405-165707.jpg

20200405-165647.jpg

20200405-165615.jpg

20200405-165551.jpg

20200405-101429.jpg

• Like 51
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Ron Pearcy said:

Nice job. 

Thanks very much Ron.

9 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

Looks perfect to me, no more builds required !

Wulfman

Thanks Wulfman. You can't see what I can see, lol. I have another two in the stash, when I actually get round to building them though is another matter. 

1 hour ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Nice job!

No rest machine gun??.....

Thanks Greg. I take it you mean the aft facing Bordfunkers mg? If so the photos I've seen of this particular aircraft didn't have one, or didn't when the photos were taken.

1 hour ago, franky boy said:

Nice work Roger.

The end result looks really good even if it was a bit of a dog.

James

21 minutes ago, trickydicky210 said:

Nice 110

cheers Rich 

Thanks very much! 🙂👍

Roger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Newsome said:

Thanks Greg. I take it you mean the aft facing Bordfunkers mg? If so the photos I've seen of this particular aircraft didn't have one, or didn't when the photos were taken.

Thanks very much! 🙂👍

Roger. 

Hi Roger,

Yes that's what I mean - blooming autospelling! 

Fair enough! Although I would have thought it a bit risky not having it.

Cheers Greg 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Hi Roger,

Yes that's what I mean - blooming autospelling! 

Fair enough! Although I would have thought it a bit risky not having it.

Cheers Greg 

Hi Greg, agreed and I've had another look at the photos and can't see one. However the pics were taken after it was brought down by the Swiss in their airspace so may well have been removed on the ground by the Swiss.

2 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

Top work. It is a mediocre kit but you tamed.

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Glad to see you persist with this one. The builder is always the harshest critic (except maybe contest judges but we won’t go there..), but from my seats it looks nice. I have an E model in the stash, but like you I’m not sure when I’ll get to it. Plenty of other subjects to tackle first!

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RadMax8 said:

Glad to see you persist with this one. The builder is always the harshest critic (except maybe contest judges but we won’t go there..), but from my seats it looks nice. I have an E model in the stash, but like you I’m not sure when I’ll get to it. Plenty of other subjects to tackle first!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks very much.

The more I think about it perhaps I should get the E out and make a start while all the little tricky bits are still fresh in my mind. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

The more I think about it perhaps I should get the E out and make a start while all the little tricky bits are still fresh in my mind. 🤔

I've tried that, it usually doesn't work, you get bored very quickly.  Your 110 is looking very good Roger, what's the news on going back to sea?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

Thanks very much.

Not a bad idea. Don’t forget the little dog, too!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

I think I'd need to build two or three of these to get one I'm happy with.

Nothing wrong with the one I see, mate, I'd be delighted with it.  👍👍  I know what you mean though.  Just about every build I finish comes with the "your results may vary" disclaimer.  I find several things I either missed or got out of order or I followed plan steps that were not necessarily as well thought out as they might have been... I really need to by two copies of every kit, one to find the wrinkles and one to finish properly!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

I've tried that, it usually doesn't work, you get bored very quickly.  Your 110 is looking very good Roger, what's the news on going back to sea?

Thanks Bob. I'm back up to Aberdeen on 15th, sail 16th for double trip. At least there should be plenty of seats on the train for a change and two months away is probably a good time to have a stab at the other 110.

7 hours ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

Lovely work as usual Roger - if it gave you trouble, you can’t tell from the result. Looks like a very nice 110 from here👍

Thanks very much John.

2 hours ago, RadMax8 said:

Not a bad idea. Don’t forget the little dog, too!

Oh yes, the Dachshund will definitely be included.

1 hour ago, Uncle Pete said:

Nothing wrong with the one I see, mate, I'd be delighted with it.  👍👍  I know what you mean though.  Just about every build I finish comes with the "your results may vary" disclaimer.  I find several things I either missed or got out of order or I followed plan steps that were not necessarily as well thought out as they might have been... I really need to by two copies of every kit, one to find the wrinkles and one to finish properly!

Thank you. Myself and my modelling pal at work have often discussed the buying two of every kit idea.

Roger. 

• Like 1

Very nice! There's something about the ME110 that just looks cool. Looks like they could have been used for COIN in Vietnam or something, all loaded up with stores and US markings! 

This one looks super cool in the dark scheme. Excellent.

Edited by Lord Riot
  • Like 1

Just now, Lord Riot said:

Very nice! There's something about the ME110 that just looks cool. Looks like they could have been used for COIN in Vietnam or something, all loaded up with stores and US markings! 

This one looks super cool in black. Excellent.

Thank you. The idea of a black 110 is something that is on my "to do" list.

Roger. 

It looks really nice regardless. I can only hope my Eduard 1:72 Bf 110s come out as well as what I appreciate in your photos (when I get round to them)!

We are our worst critics and that quest for "perfection" can be self-destructive. I've been there. I try to give my best shot and live with it - life's too short!

CHeers

Miguel

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duncan B said:

It looks great to me. I have a couple of them in the stash but have always found something easier to build when I go looking, I'm a chicken!

Duncan B

Thanks Duncan. Maybe if I was to challenge you to build one would that help? 🐓😉

• Haha 1