MODS please delete this thread.

Afternoon all,

This is a placeholder for my entry, which is in the post so it may arrive..... who knows.

Anyway, as a rule I don't do Spitfires, there currently isn't a Spit either built in my collection nor in the stash, to be honest, they have never captured my interest in the same way that a Hurricane does. This stems, mainly from a Christmas many, many moons ago when my Brother got the 1/24th scale Airfix 'superkit' Spitfire and I got the Hurricane, which was fine by me as even then I knew it was the better kit!

So, what better way to address this glaring and some might say heretical omission and build another ICM kit, hey it was cheap alright and of course I enjoyed the last one so much I'm champing at the bit to repeat the experience. Actually the couple of reviews I read stated that the ICM Mk. IX wasn't that bad a kit, we shall see.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 5

Okay, so for someone who professes to not being at all interested in Spitfires I do seem to have an inordinate amount of reference on said A/c, of course I have always measured the amount of reference in kilos (never mind the quality, feel the width!). I don't even remember where the 'SPITFIRE the history' came from, but its quite comprehensive and heavy which is good.

One image that caught my eye was of Mk. IXC MH880 in Aeroplane May 2010, a lovely colour portrait taken in or around June 45 at the Empire Central Flying School, RAF Hullavington, Wiltshire and has a further localish connection as it was written off after an accident near Winterbourne in Gloucestershire. This really appeals to me especially with its care worn look.

It will definitely bear some further investigation.

49739469521_c6872e1fa4_b.jpg

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

Up on @Etiennedup  flickr 

7617060184_3fb64dd173_o.jpgSpitfire Mk.IXC      1945 by Etienne du Plessis, on Flickr

a really good image I have posted up a few times in reference to weathering and staining,   

Be a great  project Mark.

More period colour Spitfires here

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=spitfire&user_id=8270787%40N07&view_all=1

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Troy Smith. Now you see that's what is so great about GBs and doing something that you would not normally consider doing. At the start of the day my Spitfire enthusiasm was low, but one interesting image, a piqued curiosity and a link to some fantastic pictures and were off!.....who'd have thunk it!

• Like 1

• MarkSH changed the title to MODS please delete this thread.