woodland scenics just plug lighting

s.e.charles

not exactly well versed in the black art of electrical wiring.

Q: anyone use the plug & play system by woodland scenics?

Q: what would be a safe & more moderately priced way to get the features (especially the dimming settings)?

Q: do we like bright white or yellow color leds?

thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2020 at 7:28 PM, s.e.charles said:

not exactly well versed in the black art of electrical wiring.

Q: anyone use the plug & play system by woodland scenics?

Q: what would be a safe & more moderately priced way to get the features (especially the dimming settings)?

Q: do we like bright white or yellow color leds?

thanks

S.E. Charles,

I can venture to help with wiring and have read quit a bit about the plug in woodland scenics system. It is the easiest system to use but not cheap in any respect. It's plug and play basically and would have to figure just what you want to do, I.E. aircraft, ships, vehicles, space or buildings. Have not seen any of their products up front. The hobby shops I go to have been out of stock with the leds. So I don't know how small they are. Some leds from others have been really small but would have to wire up to use. I have used p grain bulbs in the past but not led. Also have used fiber optics strands using batteries to power.

Dimming I used a variable resistor and tried with some success the flashing lights using a low voltage 3v to 6v motor with a disc mounted and a hole drilled with a captive light. There again I used a p grain bulb.

I did notice when I looked at one of the online train suppliers that carried woodland scenics stuff, they did have white, green, red and yellow led lights. Not 100 percent sure if they were all the same shape.

Basic electronics will go a long way in your ventures. But the woodland scenics lighting is easiest.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1