Lancaster Rivetting Diagram

Olmec Head

I am thinking of taking the plunge and attempt to rivet my Airfix Lancaster, having seen the excellent result achieved by others.  Does anyone know of a diagram or plan which details the rivetting pattern please?  Ideally accessible via the internet.  Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Thank you Elger and Jure for sending through the links, The links are excellent to show the rivetting pattern and I think you probably have  a deal of greater patience and modelling skill than I have in doing your builds.  

I think I have two options, one is to try to rivet slowly during boring Skype conferences whilst working from home.  Making sure that the video camera is off!

Or build a Lancaster where the groundcrew have carefully and laboriously sanded down and filled the rivets for a better performance.  Probably not historical, but at least it is within my skill level.

3 minutes ago, Olmec Head said:

Or build a Lancaster where the groundcrew have carefully and laboriously sanded down and filled the rivets for a better performance.

Or how the highly skilled personnel involved in its manufacture built the thing rather than full of holes which would look like an overstressed aircraft with pulled skin that would need replacing???

• Like 1

Three types of solid rivets. Dome head. Mushroom head or Flush. Flush rivets are countersunk into the skin and must be flush with the skin.

Flush rivets are generally not seen on a painted surface, unless it's very close up or in an area that has been stressed and the rivets or skin need replacing.

This is commonly seen around opening engine panels where various oils can be seen around the rivet head from about a foot or two away.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/04/2020 at 20:13, Wez said:

Or how the highly skilled personnel involved in its manufacture built the thing rather than full of holes which would look like an overstressed aircraft with pulled skin that would need replacing???

Or someone with a sense of humour and perspective...

• 6 months later...
On 05/04/2020 at 19:12, Jure Miljevic said:

Hello

Try this link for both Manchester and Lancaster rivet diagrams. Drawings are high resolution, so one have to enlarge them to see rivets at all. Cheers

Jure

A W E S O M E!!! I've been looking for this for a long time! thank you....now lets start riveting! 😁