Jet2Holidays Boeing 737-8MG(WL) in 1/144

Here is my finished Zvezda Boeing 737-8MG(WL) in the Jet2Holidays livery with registration G-JZHK. I opted for this livery and registration as I flew on this particular aircraft back in 2017 and she was only about 4/5 months old at the time, you could still smell the newness. I’m also quite a fan of this livery, it’s effective and stands out just enough. It’s also identical to that of the American low cost carrier Allegiant and I tried to do some digging in to this. 

Jet2Holidays 737-800

From what I gathered Jet2 leased 2 752s from Allegiant and they had just painted them, so Jet2 simply added the Jet2Holidays titles. I think there is also some history of European carriers fleet sharing with North American carriers when demand is lower, I know the TUI and Sunwing one is an example of this. 

The build was a simple enough OOB build, with the decals from RichW. This is my second set of decals now that I have used from Rich, after my BA 772. The windows are from AA. I don’t need to say much about the Zvezda kit, as it’s a good one, and goes together very well. The paints used were Halfords Appliance White for the fuselage, the blue is Revell’s 52 which I lightened with some white to try and match the shade more accurately to the real thing and then brush painted it to be fuselage and nacelles. The wings and stabs are Halfords Racking Grey and the metallics are a mixture of Revell’s Aqua range. 

The decals are excellent and fit the model brilliantly. I have a few more sets of decals from Rich, including a Qatar 777-200(LR) and TAP A320. I messed up the winglet decals though which I’m annoyed about. I’m also looking to do one of the BA World tails on a B737-300 as well soon. I am currently, working on my Qatar B772(LR) and VietJet A321, though I also have a Volotea A319 that I need to finish decaling. 

Anyway, I have gone on long enough now, thank you for looking and as always any comments or constructive feedback is very welcome. 

Regards,

Alistair

Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800 Jet2Holidays 737-800

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Airliner kits seem to be getting so much better than what we had when I was growing up. Both of yours look great. You have a good eye for color matching too.

I may have to try my hand at one of the Zvezda airliner models.

• Thanks 1

Hi Alistair,

Awesome! I really like this livery and you've done it proud. That's some lovely sharp masking you've managed on the rear of the fuselage and you're colour mix looks spot on.

Could you ask RichW if he could run off a couple more winglet logos? It seems a shame for this detail to be missing.

Nice to see the first outing of the new baseboard it looks really good!

Looking forward to your A319, A321 and the Qatar 777-200LR.

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 1

Another excellent model Alistair. Well done and thanks for sharing. Although I prefer the "standard" Jet2 livery Jet2 Holidays is a lovely scheme which in the pre-Coronavirus days (remember them?) used to turn up regularly at EDI.

I'm sure RichW would do you another set of winglet decals if you ask nicely. The worst that can happen it that he says no! Was your problem related to the size of the decals? Most older decal sheets have winglet decals designed for the inaccurate and over-scale Revell parts. I know from personal experience that trying to make them fit accurate winglets can be fun and games.

All the best

Dave G

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Todders said:

Airliner kits seem to be getting so much better than what we had when I was growing up. Both of yours look great. You have a good eye for color matching too.

I may have to try my hand at one of the Zvezda airliner models.

Thank you very much! I can’t recommend the Zvezda civil kits anymore, they are excellent! I have built a fair few now. Definitely give one a try mate! 

Alistair 

9 hours ago, Viking said:

Very nice Alistair, it has come out very well, especially the paint mix, looks spot on.

Cheers

John

Thank you very much John, appreciate your kind comments! It’s a livery I have wanted to build for many years ever since I stepped off of it. 

Regards,

Alistair

Nice livery, nice kit and nice photos. A great prelude as well all to make another fabulous post from yourself. Like the new runway base as well. Looking forward to the B772 as a shareholder ;)

All round that's a lovely B738 Sir. :goodjob:

Edited by Abandoned Project
  • Thanks 1

Superb build, striking and unusual scheme very well executed. 

Nice base, is it 26L at LGW? (If it's really vacating 08R at BR the controllers will be having words about occupancy! 😉

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Alistair,

Awesome! I really like this livery and you've done it proud. That's some lovely sharp masking you've managed on the rear of the fuselage and you're colour mix looks spot on.

Could you ask RichW if he could run off a couple more winglet logos? It seems a shame for this detail to be missing.

Nice to see the first outing of the new baseboard it looks really good!

Looking forward to your A319, A321 and the Qatar 777-200LR.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian

Thank you 😀, I’m glad it turned out ok. The masking was fun lol, so I’m happy it turned out as crisp as it did. 
I might message him and ask, as it’s only a little detail but would be good to have it added to the finished product! Thank you about the baseboard, I still think I am going to replace the grass with the static stuff to make it look more realistic. Being on lockdown is enabling me to really crack on with the builds. 
Regards,

Alistair

17 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Another excellent model Alistair. Well done and thanks for sharing. Although I prefer the "standard" Jet2 livery Jet2 Holidays is a lovely scheme which in the pre-Coronavirus days (remember them?) used to turn up regularly at EDI.

I'm sure RichW would do you another set of winglet decals if you ask nicely. The worst that can happen it that he says no! Was your problem related to the size of the decals? Most older decal sheets have winglet decals designed for the inaccurate and over-scale Revell parts. I know from personal experience that trying to make them fit accurate winglets can be fun and games.

All the best

Dave G

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much, I think like you I’d always liked the original Jet2 livery, but having seen this one up close I think it griped me. It’s effective enough to advertise the product. 

Yeah I think the decals were designed to fit the older Revell kit, where the winglets were very ‘chunky’ and not the correct profile. I might ask him if he can for me. 

Regards,

Alistair

17 hours ago, stringbag said:

Thats really nice Alistair.  I hadn't picked up on the Alegiant connection until now.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris.

Thank you Chris, appreciate that! I always thought they looked very similar haha... though only when I dug deeper I realised why. 

Alistair

10 hours ago, Abandoned Project said:

Nice livery, nice kit and nice photos. A great prelude as well all to make another fabulous post from yourself. Like the new runway base as well. Looking forward to the B772 as a shareholder ;)

All round that's a lovely B738 Sir. :goodjob:

Thank you very much mate! I like to try and tell a story haha, I couldn’t have given the whole thing a story 😂👍🏻. Thank you for your kind comment about the runway base, it’s the first time using it! I want to replace the grass though. Haha... I am looking forward to finishing off the 772! Thank you again mate!

Alistair 

7 hours ago, Alan P said:

Superb build, striking and unusual scheme very well executed. 

Nice base, is it 26L at LGW? (If it's really vacating 08R at BR the controllers will be having words about occupancy! 😉

Alan

Thank you Alan, very kind comments! Yeah it based around 26L at LGW. Haha... I think you’re right, they would certainly not be impressed they’ve taken that long to vacate... could give imagine haha. They got lost, that’s what I’m going with 😂!

Alistair

• Like 1