***finished***Revell 1/72 B-1B

Having made a mess of various different civil kits over the last few years I had abandoned hope of doing any justice (or even completing one), but having recently learned the art of brush painting white as per the @Scotsman07  fantastic builds and having received appropriate decals from @Turbofan i'm giving this a go

49734139416_c6441f0c42_b.jpg

ba-a320neo_73504.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 8

I’m really looking forward to this mate! I was considering the BA livery for me A320neo, but haven’t fully decided yet haha! I’ve just finished my Jet2Holidays 737-800 which I’ll post shortly. 

Keep me updated with how you’re getting along with the build 😀!

Regards,

Alistair

• Like 1

Cheers guys, have primed the sprues and will be starting it tommorow, though realised I need to order the A321neo, as BA use the CFM engines where as this only has the PW ones, I have two sets of BA decals so maybe a double feature is on the cards 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Oooo very nice, this is a new tool kit right?

Not a fan of building civil stuff myself, which is a shame as I love the aircraft and would like some good models of them...

Edited by Adam Poultney

21 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Oooo very nice, this is a new tool kit right?

Not a fan of building civil stuff myself, which is a shame as I love the aircraft and would like some good models of them...

Indeed it is, new tool released late last year in 2 version, this with the shorter fuselage, lufthansa decals, single engine choice and stand instead of landing gear, and the more expensive a321 (also issued as a gift set with glue/paints) with Airbus decals, both engines and gear instead of the stand. Anyway coming along towards the bit of civy modelling that escapes me...

49753881851_6526d50af5_b.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to be tricky to repair the wings but it’s a long term issue so robbed those from the a321, hopefully I’ve glued them more carefully such I won’t need to use brittle superglue on them and the join will hold. Happy with the white now on the fuselage 

49867342718_fa5b819173_b.jpg

• Like 2

Started on the blue, not happy with it as it comes out much much lighter to the eyeball than this looks on my screen but it’s very close to the Halfords fiat Capri blue civy modellers swear blind (And closest on the sample) by so maybe it’s just a function of being under bright lighting, have a darker alternative but will see how it looks in daylight tommorow 

49875624041_f40aed2315_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu

55 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Stu,

Looks fine to me. It is a brighter blue than previous BA liveries.

Might have to tidy up the demarcation line though!

What do all the hyrogliphics mean?

Cheers,

Ian

Heirarchgliphics are for of keeping track of painting and sanding, my short term memory is a bit naff so it helps. As for demarcation should be quite clean, masked it off with tamiya flexible white tape :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Stu, keep going!!!

I’m on the verge of finishing my first 1/144 Civil aircraft.  It’s been a challenge to say the least but I’ve learned a great deal in the process.  It will be far from perfect but better than I imagined at certain stages.

It’s frustrating but you will get there

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 12:47 PM, BluesModeller said:

Stu, keep going!!!

I’m on the verge of finishing my first 1/144 Civil aircraft.  It’s been a challenge to say the least but I’ve learned a great deal in the process.  It will be far from perfect but better than I imagined at certain stages.

It’s frustrating but you will get there

Thanks, I have done so, just sanded and had a second go at masking and currently the first coat of paint is drying 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...