***finished***Revell 1/72 B-1B

Got this for a fiver as loose bits possibly incomplete 2 years ago, as it happens it was complete bar the clear parts, which I had spare thanks to a previous attempt over 3 years ago. That failed as I tried to use filler to build it gear up, this time with the help of plasticard that be doable 

50295430047_43ab4e2c65_b.jpg

50295277381_02122bfc71_b.jpg

• Like 4

Given up on the idea of doing it in the green SEA scheme, couldn’t settle on subs for the obscure greens, so will now be in the tan scheme, but there’s bigger news, having suffered a double disappointment over a big build in the Heller GB this is now a double feature of supersonics bombers 

50413372151_7657c35ef6_b.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • PhantomBigStu changed the title to Revell B-1B
  • 4 months later...

This became an absolute nightmare in terms of the canopy fit and the exhausts. Lots of sanding which wiped out the frame lines. But a barracuda mask should hopefully save it. Now to sand the topside of the exhausts, hopefully won’t be 10 months before the next update….least the hustler (and others) pictured got finished in the interim)

51490267013_325f2fd713_b.jpg

51489258457_153167d410_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Some folks say Concorde, others the F14 Tomcat. Some say Spitfire Mark….whatever…

but I think the Bone is the best looking aircraft ever! 😀

Gotta love that shape!

Concorde is top of the list for me but the B-1B is definitely on my short list of the most beautiful aircraft ever. It's bigger than it looks too, which in part is a testament to how sleek the shape is! I was lucky enough to see one do a flyover in an airshow in the UK. Gorgeous and also very, very loud.

I have Revell's 1/48 version in the stash. Haven't plucked up the courage to tackle it yet. I hear the fit is very challenging particularly around the sub-assemblies that make up the front, middle and back of the fuselage.

• Like 1

Possibly the last update for some time (or just a few days whilst it’s Matt coated), trying to figure out what sensor fit I need to scratch is proving difficult, have found pics of a 3 tone aircraft without any underneath but no date and serial number attached, maybe should just accept it give the kit has well known issues I’ve not addressed.  

51554777828_325eb4a00d_b.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Been a bit out of action due to injury, finally finished the Matt coat and glossed the windows. Would just be case of adding the various aerials and probes but a couple of days after the last update I knocked it off the bench and broke the tail tip off, somewhere on the floor of the room but not in a fit state for a search yet. Edit: help has been donated and we found the bit so should be done later 

51605202107_c5c5253c90_b.jpg

51606028921_e17588d3db_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to ***finished***Revell 1/72 B-1B