Tamiya panther tracks

750k2

Looking for some advice

Just restarted the hobby and am building an old tamiya panther ausf A

tracks were really tight after sitting for 20+ yrs - so hair drier to limber them up a little

First one worked great so a little warmer will work better right - Wrong!! cooked one real good.

Would like a new set of tracks without breaking the bank on a cheap kit.

Will ausf D tracks work on this kit??

Any help in greatly appreciated

Thanks

I'm no expert on this but looking through my books the only major difference seems to be ice cleats on the tracks. RFM, Tamiya and Meng make tracks for the later ones, (a bit cheaper than the metal ones, Fruils etc.) or with a lot of patience you could tweak the D ones.

I’m currently building a Tamiya Panther G and have some Friul tracks for it so the vinyl ones are surplus to requirements if they are any good to you.

Regards,

Mark

I used Modelkasten traks for my Panther Ausf. G. They are time consuming but they worth. I think Friul are good but imho are a little over scale.

Hope this help you.

Ciao

Filippo

15 hours ago, FZ6 said:

I’m currently building a Tamiya Panther G and have some Friul tracks for it so the vinyl ones are surplus to requirements if they are any good to you.

Regards,

Mark

Thank you very much for the offer but have 2 more of these kits in line and stole a set from #2

I will use #3's on it and then I wanted to build a set for #3 as I'm hoping to do better each kit as I learn tank building.

I already have a long list of should'ves for #2

I'm searching G tracks and will give them a go