LOCKDOWN No 2 - Opel Blitz Mit Wurfrahmen 40

26 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

super finish, especially on the seats, are they as the kit was or did you do something to make them look "lived in"?

Hi Rob......thanks:yes:.....the seats were covered in the foil part of a Kitkat wrapper. It's really thin and lay's down easy with cryo.

• Like 2

Looking good under paint, particularly like the effect you achieved with the seats

Stay safe         Roger

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Hi Rob......thanks:yes:.....the seats were covered in the foil part of a Kitkat wrapper. It's really thin and lay's down easy with cryo.

thats twice in a day I have seen similar tips... I know its just an excuse to eat Kit Kats tho 😉 May  have to try (and on the roof) on the Scammel Transporter that will be loaded with the Matilda

• Like 1

• Redcoat2966 changed the title to LOCKDOWN No 2 - Opel Blitz Mit Wurfrahmen 40

Morning all. I hope we all find ourselves fit and healthy today.......switched projects and back on the Blitz. Got up early this morning and tackled the figure. Not my fave, but I think it needed a figure at the wheel. Next steps are the button up the doors and roof.

Have a good rest of the day chaps....:yes:

Kk22ipg.jpg

rJK7erX.jpg

aaHaY3L.jpg

• Like 7

Looking good-excellent tonal modulation and wood effects.

I don’t know that I’d want to be in an open-topped vehicle with those rockets though!  I know they mounted them on 251s, but there’s a LOT of blast out of the back of those things!  Fritz won’t be asleep long...

Edited by f matthews
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2020 at 12:20 PM, robw_uk said:

superb - love the grey engine cover as contrast. And the figure is great - whats your technique as I have 2x for my Type 16 to do

Cheers Rob.......not sure yet wether the German grey engine cover will change to more of a green......as regards technique on the figure....that's more difficult to describe. There's one thing I don't use, and that's black. You're always best to make dark shades out of very dark blue with a dark brown. Use this to darken the colour you've chosen for the clothing etc............ There's actually no such colour in nature as black....it's a tone. I did look up on the web on tips on painting face's though...... That's something I have to keep practicing.......but as you can see, all my hard work is hidden......:unamused:, ......even with his windows wound down...:D

On 4/20/2020 at 8:33 AM, Bullbasket said:

Nothing wrong with Fritz. He looks fine.

John.

:yes:

On 4/20/2020 at 8:47 AM, Hamden said:

Very nice progress your driver looks right at home in the cab

Stay safe       Roger

20 hours ago, Vaastav said:

Looks very nice. The figure greatly adds to the build.

18 hours ago, Carius said:

Great progress my friend, excellent pait job you did.

14 hours ago, f matthews said:

Looking good-excellent tonal modulation and wood effects.

I don’t know that I’d want to be in an open-topped vehicle with those rockets though!  I know they mounted them on 251s, but there’s a LOT of blast out of the back of those things!  Fritz won’t be asleep long...

Cheers.....:yes:,......got the idea from this.

Qf4Lri4.jpg

Can't imagine the logical German's would have passed on doing the same. The Russians must have captured a lot of German rockets to build a specific thing to fire them from......I'm still trying to figure out how the German mobile workshop would have secured it in their version.....:coolio:

11 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Looking real good Simon, particularly like the wood effect on the bed, amongst other things. 

Herman has a bit of character too. :thumbsup:

Cheers Darryl........I still have to finish the rear deck. Bit of a challenge, as I'm use to using real wood.....:smirk:....

Well, here's where she sit's.........next step will be chipping and then streaking, dust/mud and pigment shading.......Decided to have the windows down so as to be able to see Herman the German a bit better.....might change the clear part though to a thinner material. 

9mkagDw.jpg

2DYM5iL.jpg

• Like 7