Hello everybody ... well all of the sanding is done on the fuselage/wings. I then added the ailerons, tail empennage, and the spine antenna mount. AiXJPs9.jpg

trCNyVG.jpg

pfKQKkb.jpg

I fixed the rudder and ailerons in off set positions. The horizontal stabs are fixed and I didn't want to ruin the fine detail by cutting them up. Please feel free to post your questions, comments, and or thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 9

Hello everybody... Im hoping everyone is well and staying healthy. I was able to get the final little bits on. The guns, canopy and some other small things. xYkQnyf.jpg

RsrsMwy.jpg

N4XUYMg.jpg

I will have to give this a once over with the scriber and then clean it with alcohol to make sure its clean. However other than that shes ready for paint. Please feel free to post your questions, comments, and or thoughts 

Dennis

• Like 7

Hello everybody ... Hoping the boredom is staying away and you're healthy. I was able to spray the white base coat on this today.

ZJRJY1y.jpg

x7VYTZf.jpg

I had an accident after painting and dropped this, i cracked the port cannon at the wing. Out came some Tamiya E.T. and fixed it up. I will clear this tomorrow and spray the invasion stripes Saturday. I have to finish up a couple of builds tomorrow so this and the Mk.Vb will be shelved till Saturday. Please feel free to post questions, comments, and or thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 11

Hello everyone... I masked the invasion stripes off on this today. For the underside of the wings i used the rest off the Ocean grey from my Mk.V build. PpB5vH4.jpg

hjZS9SJ.jpg

The reason for this is that these will be getting a pink overspray. The visible ones on the fuselage get Nato black.
wOlVjw0.jpg

While i was masking i dropped this again, dang thing is too slippery. This time both of the guns broke off and i lost the port cannon cover for the outer cannon. I have the main guns safely put aside and they will get reattached after painting. I am resting this in a vertical climb to fix the port cannon cover. I am using a drop of glue and hoping it will solidify in a dome shape. Please feel free to ask questions, comment, and or post thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Hello everyone... Im hoping everybody is well ? I finally got to try the Hataka Lacquer’s today. Very nice paint though towards the end i was getting some spitting on test pieces ? Probably a case of practice makes perfect. Anyhow here is the Spitfire in all of its Pink glory. iifD0Mu.jpg

Its heavier in some spots than others but i think thats because its hard to see against the white base coat. jjNKdrs.jpg

3L8Ltjo.jpg

ZIcJuyh.jpg

Ly72pRY.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, comments, and or thoughts in general. 

Dennis

• Like 14

You look to have laid down a good solid coat of paint there Dennis, a little too pink for my tastes based on what I've read but that's purely a personal oppinion, with just enough hint of the wing Freedom Stripes showing through - nice work  :goodjob: seriously impressive :) 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Col. said:

a little too pink for my tastes based on what I've read

Its a bit lighter in person looks more like a blush pink than true pink. I agree its a bit heavy but it was hard for my old Mk.1’s 👀 to pick it up against the white base. 

• Like 1

🤬:jump_fire::angrysoapbox.sml::rant::angry:So Im really starting to dislike one thing about the Eduard Spitfire kits. Is it the cowling ? ... No

Is It the fit of the cockpit or other bits ? ... No Its the damn guns, they have the flimsiest of attachments with the fine needle of plastic. Next time I build one of these kits the guns get painted off kit and added last (my usual way of doing a separate gun). Why I chose to follow the kit instructions I’ll never know ! If you haven't guessed I broke one of the guns(port) off again. Sorry for my language but its frustrating ! 

Dennis

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

🤬:jump_fire::angrysoapbox.sml::rant::angry:So Im really starting to dislike one thing about the Eduard Spitfire kits. Is it the cowling ? ... No

Is It the fit of the cockpit or other bits ? ... No Its the damn guns, they have the flimsiest of attachments with the fine needle of plastic. Next time I build one of these kits the guns get painted off kit and added last (my usual way of doing a separate gun). Why I chose to follow the kit instructions I’ll never know ! If you haven't guessed I broke one of the guns(port) off again. Sorry for my language but its frustrating ! 

Dennis

Good morning Dennis

I totally agree with you I was lucky to find back these parts after they ''escaped'' when I cut them off the sprues ..

All the best

Patrice

• Like 2

Just caught up Dennis…

Nice work on the PR - I like the over-painted stripes; cool!

I think the pink is good too; when I did my three people told me that early PRs were 'almost white' but the pink darkened later to reflect their early morning missions, apparently.

Black and white photos don't help, do they?

I hope your mum's OK. The news in the UK is reporting a 50% drop in A&E / ER attendances and asking people who have serious problems to still come.

Hopefully your Mum will recover, fingers crossed here :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1