KV-1, YA vizhu protivnikov

Thanks M3talpig. I think it is worth the effort. Not only are these PE kits expensive but they are of course a lot more visible due to their size and thus important features of the model.

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Soeren said:

lot more visible due to their size and thus important features of the model.

The other great thing about P.E in 16th scale is soldering the parts is a real proposal instead of using cyano if you choose......always had trouble with soldering the real small parts on 35th scale .

Yes, I didn’t try full 1/35 th scale pe sets yet. But in 1/16th I am slowly being more confident. As all these tanks are runners I tend to solder all the moveable parts to not lose/damage them during handling and running.

Really,the dirt on the hull was not exactly to my taste. Needed to add more tones and started to work in some oil washes with lighter tones. The lubricant tank was also added and painted the cables.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Really coming along Soeren........looking really nice. Lovely subtle weathering.......I do wish I had the space for 1/16th......would be nice to go to town on one, without the aid of a magnifier lamp.....:hungover::shocked:

Keep it up. Looking forward to seeing the final piece.

Regards

Simon.