1/48 RAF Phantom FGR.2 41sqn

hi steve. know what you mean! well there are 4 x 6 inch thick screws holding each shelf in place! 3 long screws holding to right hand wall. but only 2 on the left. as wall as bottom is hollow! and wall isn't straight!! not solid like above it. plus wall isn't straight as you see. 6mm diff. top to bottom. , so 2 screws through desktop. to fix firm.

Edited by Robertjon5
  • Like 1

Reminds me of a great photo of an F4 on the cover of Airfix Magazine back in the seventies. It stirred me to join the RAF and fly Phantoms. Born in the wrong country spoiled that dream. 

The green, grey RAF colours are my favourite Phantoms. 

• Like 1

That’s a stunning model and photography. Great colour scheme and restraint not to over do it with weathering and falling into the patchwork quilt effect. Certainly makes for a better model.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely superb model.

I'm not sure that I have ever seen a photograph of a 41 Sqn jet toting that particular loadout. As you correctly mention in your intro, 41 Sqn was a dedicated Strike-Attack and Reconnaissance Unit and the majority of photos show them fitted with the massive centreline EMI reconnaissance pod and either CBLS (practice bomb carriers) or iron bombs on the inboard stores pylons. I particularly like the well known publicity shot of a 41 Sqn jet sporting a full load of AMI-7 Sparrows, centreline EMI Pod and no less than 8 BL.755 Cluster Bomb Units.

None of this, of course, detracts from your masterful rendition of the might Phantom FGR.2 in the old Dark Green/Dark Sea Grey and Light Aircraft Grey colour scheme with restrained but effective weathering.

Outstanding and Well Done, Sir !   

• Thanks 1

When I see a accurate replica of the Phantom, such as this one, it reminds me ( as if I ever need to be reminded!!!!! :bangin: ) why the Phantom is one of my all-time favorite airplanes!!!!!  The Phantom legacy lives on through this flawless rendition.              :goodjob:

• Like 1