recommendations - truck kits

npb748r

I've never built a truck kit and fancy giving one a go - articulated and modern preferably.  What would you recommend, I'm starting from a knowledge base of zero when it comes to this area of our hobby. 

thanks in advance

neil

Hi Neil, for some reason my interests have been going towards trucks as well lately, although I fancy the older types. For modern trucks, Italeri have a large range. I don't know too much about them, from what I've heard their most recent trucks come with a chassis which is largely pre-assembled. Speaking for myself, I like to assemble stuff but other people might like it. I recommend browsing the scalemates.com database, you'll also find some in-box reviews and such for the various models. 

• Thanks 1

@richellis I believe would be the one to give you some advice here. I'm sure he does a fair amount of trucks.

I have a Super Hino Dolphin car transporter in the stash, which I intend to build to display 6 cars on and free up half space, but this is an older style truck.

Italeri have a wide 1/24 truck range of Artics (Tractor & Trailer) here: https://www.italeri.com/en/category/7/34

• Thanks 1

Go for an Italeri kit, they are 1/24 and generally go together easy. Look for a MAN TGA or TGX, or the DAF XF kits. These have a simplified chassis section, still nice models but a good start as this will ensure you have a square level chassis to build off. 
Have a look at KFS MG Mouldings orModellers resource for parts like right hand drive conversions etc but keep it simple first time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1