Tamiya Russian T34 with soldiers and MiniArt Street Scene

Thanks to Matt for pointing out the the Photobucket Logo is visible on all the pictures, i have now uploaded them using Flickr so they should be uninterrupted!

Hi All, here is my first completed Armour Diorama, based on a Tamiya T34 with additional figures from MiniArt as well as the MiniArt Russian Street Diorama, there are a few build pics, although I'm sure that the build of this venerable kit has been covered in much better detail and by somebody able to take better photos than me, but here goes, 

The assembled upper and lower hulls along with the wheel sets and turret were given two coats of Tamiya XF1 Flat Black followed by a light random coat of Tamiya XF2 concentrating on leaving the shadows and deeper details black.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The hulls and turret were then given two light all over coats of Tamiya Flat Green XF5 followed by two light coats of Tamiya Gloss Varnish X22 on the turret sides where the decals were to be placed and finally two thin coats of Tamiya Flat Clear were applied over the whole model.

49731021607_6d8746c7ba_m.jpg

spacer.png

Next the tracks and spare track links were given a coat of Tamiya XF1 and then dry-brushed with a Mix of Tamiya XF68 Nato Brown, XF69 Nato Black and XF10 Flat Brown,

spacer.png

this was allowed to dry thoroughly then a coat of Tamiya XF84 Dark Iron then XF16 Flat Aluminium where the edges of the steel wheels would have run along the tracks, was applied. Finally a mix of White PVA Glue, sieved soil from the garden and Tamiya FX10 Flat brown was stippled on the edges of the tracks, between the road wheels, and the surface of the wheels themselves along with the underneath of the hull and the roadway behind the tank to simulate mud thrown up after crossing open ground

(in hindsight there is probably a bit too much mud on the road but his was very much an experiment)

49731033327_e07e8b07a7_m.jpg

49730692131_2b744a81ba_m.jpg

Finally the completed model was treated to several weathering washes of Tamiya XF1 Flat Black and water with a tiny amount of washing-up liquid to break the surface tension and allow it to flow, along with some dry brushed rust and dust effects using Tamiya XF55 Deck Tan and XF68 Nato Brown, the MiniArt figures were painted and fixed to the model using Brass rod secured into the base of the figures and glued into holes in the model which i found to be a very secure way of mounting them, here is the finished result...

49730712481_4ab1f1a38e_m.jpg

49730707826_f40b35e284_m.jpg

49731026502_bd58fd1d7b_m.jpg

spacer.png

49730146528_73e5c83016_m.jpg

49730191193_8eab60e273_m.jpg

This was a really enjoyable project for me, i hope you like reading this, for my next project i will try to present the build in a more logical order as i do things hopefully with better photos too and i hope you will enjoy reading that too, happy modelling!

Edited by jimhurst
Replacement of Photos
  • Like 1