1/48 HpH XB-70A- Otherwise known as the Great White Beast!

I thought the 1/72 version was big 😮

That is a genuine feat/exploit/achievement given the type of kit it is. The details, consistent finish and overall quality of your build is staggering. 

Congratulations on a unique showstopper of a build 👏👏👏

Alan 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Alan P said:

I thought the 1/72 version was big 😮

That is a genuine feat/exploit/achievement given the type of kit it is. The details, consistent finish and overall quality of your build is staggering. 

Congratulations on a unique showstopper of a build 👏👏👏

Alan 

Thank you Alan. It's  by no means perfect. More flaws than I care to shake a stick at.But from a meter away does look good. If I were to put it in a modelling competition it would get shredded in a short second. Probably a good thing, I seem to live in an area that's always 150 km from any show.Social distancing not with standing. Even though it looks like a massive hulk , probably one of the most fragile models I've ever built. I can't move it from one side of the room to other without some bit or bob snapping off. One reason  that it took so long to finish. I spent a lot of time fixing fixes that should have been well fixed and solid in the first place.

• Like 1

congrats! 🥳 🎉

🛫

makes me hope for more from your side, but also give me a heads-up that these monsters can be built into something phenomenal!

maybe you get a chance to make some photos in the outside?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (6 engines thumbsup)

Werner

• Thanks 1

Thank you exdraken. If the weather will eventually I would like to get the beast and Oversized magnesium overcast of a B-36 when finished in a picture together. Probably have to used a  ladder to get high enough to get both in the frame.🥴

• Like 1

• LorenSharp changed the title to 1/48 HpH XB-70A- Otherwise known as the Great White Beast!

Blimey, that's brilliant. I helped a friend of mine build one when we were teenagers, from the 1/72 ?Sanger? vacform kit, and that was a big and impressive looking beast, no matter that our ambition outweighed our skills at the time. In 1/48, just wow! I presume you've moved into it now... I'm sure that engine nacelle cluster provides an excellent space in which to self-isolate. This is one of those models where you say "it should be in a museum", not just because it's that good, which it is, but because in a hangar among the real things is the only way to do it justice and give it the audience it deserves...

best,

M.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw your model I exclaimed "look at the size of that! my wife came rushing in from the kitchen and walked slowly  out.😧😧    It really is a great model in every sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, lindan said:

When I saw your model I exclaimed "look at the size of that! my wife came rushing in from the kitchen and walked slowly  out.😧😧    It really is a great model in every sense.

I hope it was walking away and not backing out in terror😉

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Congrats Loren !!

You are mad !!! But I love it !!

That's a great achievement !! Waow !! I'm impressed !!

:mike:

Sincerely.

CC

That probably goes without saying. One thing for certain the builds aren't boring.🙃 Just Looooong.

• Haha 1

A fabulous result!

Being able to break up all of that whiteness has made the beast pop. Watching your build was a learning experience and most enjoyable indeed. Hat is off to all those who build in sizes this large, even though my preferred scale is 1:48, I would have cowered away into :72 for this beast!

Would love to stand underneath the real one, one day.

Edited by hairystick
Spellink...
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...