1/48 HpH XB-70A- Otherwise known as the Great White Beast!

As a Postscript, I forgot to add that the original model wasn't designed to cant the wings. it a Fibreglass /Resin sandwiched composite.  I sawed those off and made a new wing mechanism out of plastic ard and brass rod.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Incredibly nice build! Like the way you got the wing tips to angle down. Nice engineering on your part.

Thanks Sat69. It took a couple of tries to get them right. And stay on 🥴 Had a nasty habit of wanting to snap off at the slightest inclination.

Wow! It`s big enough that you could throw your table out and eat dinner off the model instead🙂

Spectacular job, really nice work

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, russ c said:

Wow! It`s big enough that you could throw your table out and eat dinner off the model instead🙂

Spectacular job, really nice work

Yes that big wing is nothing but acres and acres that goes on for acres and acres

Beautiful model and - yes - big! Surprised someone hasn't made one into a guitar! Very nice job on it though - you must have a much bigger workbench than mine!

Cheers

Malcolm

• Thanks 1

The XB-70 is insane...

The idea of building a model of one is fine...

...Building it in 1/48 scale is insane!  

Well done indeed, she looks amazing, especially after your troubles and tribulations!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome as it has looked at all stages of the build, she looks great finished.  Scary how much bigger she is than a Mustang.  And only about 20 years between them.  Not easy to make one colour work that well on such a big area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Beautiful model and - yes - big! Surprised someone hasn't made one into a guitar! Very nice job on it though - you must have a much bigger workbench than mine!

Cheers

Malcolm

Actually my workbench is not that big. Maybe 50cm by 50 cm. I spent a lot of time build it on my lap towards the end. And a lot of cussing when something would break especially the very tip of the wing at the intake.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, At Sea said:

The XB-70 is insane...

The idea of building a model of one is fine...

...Building it in 1/48 scale is insane!  

Well done indeed, she looks amazing, especially after your troubles and tribulations!

It was actually a lot of fun, problems not withstanding. But then I am probably certifiable🤪

• Haha 1

What a monumental build. I've followed your WIP from the beginning and I'm glad that you finished this beast. Such build threads tend to end suddenly at some point, no doubt because the builder looses his mojo at some point due to all the work.

Thankfully my flat is way too small to house such a monster so I'm not in danger getting one :P

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1

Brilliant work on the WIP pages to keep us all updated, too. She's a massive beast - my neck was sore from looking up the whole time at the Museum of the USAF! Lovely work!

• Thanks 1

All I can say is WOW. That bird is incredible and it looks gorgeous. You might be the only human being on the planet who has finished a 1/48 B-70. If anyone criticizes your work, then just ask them, "Where's yours?" Thank you for sharing!

Edited by Hobo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1