Liberator Mk.V Riders in the Sky eduard 1:72

1 minute ago, SaminCam said:

Awesome, you've done a great job with this! I've got the same model in the stash and wondered if there is anything to watch out for? What white paint did you use?

Thank you!

Full flat Hasegawa tires! Take eduard extra ones! I used Revell enamel glossy

Cheers,

Tom

• Thanks 1

Lovely Liberator Tom - excellent detailing, painting and weathering. The paint chipping looks good - just enough but not overdone.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Thanks 1

Thats a beauty mate,....... really, really nice.

It isn`t Coastal Command though,....it is RCAF,....based in Canada, closing the gap from the other side!

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dogsbody said:

From this book:

39936757590_87e8fdb6ea_c.jpg

49729396172_99dfdf376e_b.jpg

49729079821_7ba57a4211_b.jpg

49728532908_ed2302ace1_b.jpg

Chris

Thank you,

mates!

To Chris,

these wonderful pictures in very good quality and more from BZ755/N600 are also in the book which is enclosed in the kit from eduard. They show 1946 a very battered camo and some more aluminium patches around the engines.

Lettering is red and grey.

To Tonyot,

you are right, i omitted RCAF,  but it was before, Liberator N600 is Ex-RAF/CC BZ755 B-24D-70-CO sn 42-40557, following text is in ModellFan

......Maritime versions such as the Liberator V of the Canadian Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) and the British Arm of the Royal Air Force, the Coastal Command facility founded in 1939, closed the so-called Mid-Atlantic Gap in the Atlantic battle. They successfully fought German submarines, thus protecting the Allied convoys. With radar, torpedoes, water bombs, MGs and even unguided HVAR missiles. Some Liberators served beyond the end of the war. Like “Nanette” BZ755 from North West Air Command Canada, built here in the condition from summer 1946.

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 2

A lovely job on a rarely modelled subject. 

One critique if I may - you've chipped the paint on the black leading edges. These were rubber deicer boots, and therefore wouldn't chip.

I hope you don't mind me pointing that out - otherwise, stunning! :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomprobert said:

A lovely job on a rarely modelled subject. 

One critique if I may - you've chipped the paint on the black leading edges. These were rubber deicer boots, and therefore wouldn't chip.

I hope you don't mind me pointing that out - otherwise, stunning! :)

libv DSC_6733

Hello Tom,

That´s what a forum is for, thank you!

This is just what i thought before! But not on B-24. This was metal, chipping was a lot, therefore many can be seen with natural metal leading edges, often mixed on the ramp.

Maybe black was only for additional sun heating effects, discarded later, as you see there was something better than paint jobs :)

BZ880 and BZ774 had very extreme chipping. This picture of FL945 is from the eduard book.

Cheers,

Tom

• Like 1