Victor K2

Martian

I am trying to find out what the fuel tanks and HDU in the former bomb bay of the Victor K2 looked like. I have seen a picture somewhere but having searched Google and my rather extensive library, I can't find it. Can anyone help please>

Martian 👽

I'm not sure if there's any members of the XL231 team on here, but they are the people to ask. Lindy is about as serviceable as she can be and is 99% complete, including tanks and 'HooDoo'. They also have a myriad of photos of her interior :)

Cheers,

WV908 

• Like 1

@Martian Hale

Had nothing better to do- Missus 72modeler might say otherwise, so I did a lot of cybersearching; found a lot of descriptions of the installation but no photos or diagrams. Maybe, just maybe John @canberra kid might either have something or knows who might. Sorry, my inner planet friend- best I could do! 😥

Mike

• Thanks 1

Scale Models magazine did a two part article on the Victor, particularly the K. Mk. 2, back in the late seventies or early eighties which included drawings by Arthur Bentley showing the general layout of the bomb bay tanks and HDU.  I believe they are still available in 1/72th scale and parts of them may have been shared on this forum on one of the various Victor reference or WIP threads.  Unfortunately my copy, if it’s survived, is buried deep in the Loft of Doom.  From memory the tanks are large cylinders with slightly domed ends and the HDU is the Mk. 17version.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stever219 said:

Scale Models magazine did a two part article on the Victor, particularly the K. Mk. 2, back in the late seventies or early eighties which included drawings by Arthur Bentley showing the general layout of the bomb bay tanks and HDU.  I believe they are still available in 1/72th scale and parts of them may have been shared on this forum on one of the various Victor reference or WIP threads.  Unfortunately my copy, if it’s survived, is buried deep in the Loft of Doom.  From memory the tanks are large cylinders with slightly domed ends and the HDU is the Mk. 17version.

Thanks Steve, it is just possible that I may have that article somewhere.

Martian 👽

The Canberra Kid comes through yet again, thanks for the drawings, I have one or two of these in the stash and the info you have provided is more than helpful.

Canberra Kid - if he don't have it you probably don't need it. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Billy54 said:

Canberra Kid - if he don't have it you probably don't need it.

Indeed- I have come to that same conclusion!

Mike

@canberra kid

John- you  are da man! I know a certain tentacled airbrush wielding resident of the Galaxy that will be grateful for your taking the time to post this reference material.

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stever219 said:

Martian 👽

@canberra kid John, thank you so much, that has to be one of the most comprehensive replies I have ever had to a query. It pretty much confirms the overall layout of things that was in my head and will allow for a much better detailed model. I am especially grateful as the Airfix Victor, while value for money, is not a cheap kit and one where the modeller needs to be sure of where he is going before he starts chopping away at it.

Once again, I am extremely grateful.

Slightly overwhelmed of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, canberra kid said:

Here at English Electric Bradford we are always happy to help if possible, even when it isn't one of our products!

John.🙂

One last question John: am I correct in thinking that the bomb bay tanks themselves were covered by removable panels, rather the bomb bay doors opening to access them?

Martian 👽

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

One last question John: am I correct in thinking that the bomb bay tanks themselves were covered by removable panels, rather the bomb bay doors opening to access them?

Martian 👽

I'll check this evening Martian. 

John

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Martian 👽

Finland calling Planet Wibble!

Martian, I've scanned those excellent drawings and have them as PDF. Some of Bentley's Victor drawings were later published (in 2006) in Scale Aircraft Modeller (?) magazine. I have those as well. I can send them for you if you want to. Send me a PM.

Cheers,

Antti

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Martian 👽

Hi Martian, yes each tank has it's own attached fairing, with a collar in between each tank. as in the second and forth drawing in my first post.

spacer.png

Some measurements here that may be of use? 

spacer.png

John

Edited by canberra kid
add info
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

Hi Martian, yes each tank has it's own attached fairing, with a collar in between each tank.

Some measurements here that may be of use? 

John

Thanks John, my long held desire to build a model of "Teasin' Tina" is now within a tentacle's reach.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...