Revell 1/48 P-47N - due to popular demand

Hi everybody,

while snooping through @The Spadgent's WIP I was told by several people to cast away any doubts against showcasing my own pacific Jug. I picked it up some years ago at half price, and after getting Tamiyas P-47D as a Xmas present, I used it as a sort of tryout plane. Anyway, here we go

spacer.png

spacer.png

According to Revell, this particular bird was stationed at Ie Shima in 1945 (I didn't check). 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This big boy escaped my grip while putting it on the photostudio-table😱😱😱 but like its original counterpart, it took the hit and, after some minor repairs, went into action. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not sure about the white background of this decal...🤷🏼‍♂️

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's all for now (the D version is sure to appear rather sooner than later), hope you had fun. I don't want to hear a bad word about it after all your pep talk! (kidding of course😁

Cheers, Johnny

Edited by Johnny Tip
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

And to say you didn’t want to put her up for an RFI. What an absolute gem. Great pics to boot. Right I need to get my one finished. Beautiful detail and a fine finish.

Thank you for sharing. 👍🤩😇

John.

PS. Which kit is this?

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

And to say you didn’t want to put her up for an RFI. What an absolute gem. Great pics to boot. Right I need to get my one finished. Beautiful detail and a fine finish.

Thank you for sharing. 👍🤩😇

John.

PS. Which kit is this?

Thank you very much John, looking at the pics, I liked her even more than before. (although I must have lost a wingtip light in the crash...) 

It's Revell's kit #04867, with some weaknesses, but mostly good fit - apart from the MG inserts, which were horrible🤬

8 hours ago, RMCS said:

Niiiice 

Thanky you RMCS. 

7 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Glad you decided to show it here. Built his kit maaany years ago and liked it. Then it got lost in a move and never bought the re-release :(

Anyway, I really like it :goodjob:

Cheers

Markus

Thanks Markus. Was that the one with the 'very nice' Lady noseart? To my shame, I wasn't into the Jug back then. That only came after reading Bob Brulles 'Angels zero'. The decal option wasn't re-released😔

• Like 2

That is a beaut, I'm wishing I had one of these in my scale (1/72) though I'm not sure there is a good one, it makes for a very impressive model, especially the way you've handled it. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

That is a beaut, I'm wishing I had one of these in my scale (1/72) though I'm not sure there is a good one, it makes for a very impressive model, especially the way you've handled it. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve ☺️

I've taken a shine to Revell's 1/72 P-47D, good fit, fine panel lines, they also did an M version, but alas no N. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Johnny Tip said:

Thanks Markus. Was that the one with the 'very nice' Lady noseart?

It was this boxing and yes, it had the noseart (of course I built this scheme :D), though Revell 'censored it' by blurring the important areas :nono:

• Haha 1