C.A.C. CA-6 "Wackett", 1/48 scale NKR resin kit.

Hi all...Hope everything's fine, and all of you and relatives are safe and healthy. Taking advantage of this terrible quarentine wich keeps us safely at home, I've been finishing some old projects that have been lurking for so long.

This is the first of those long term projects to see it's way into the cabinet.

NKR resin 1/48 kit. Never knew about this kit until I came across at SMW, some years ago. I liked the idea of a basic RAAF trainer, apart from the fact that I was building a Wiraway by then. The resin was terrible, soft, covered in bubbles and with most of the tiny parts unusabled. I built a cockpit interior from scratch, using the scarce ravailable references back then (at least for me). The engine was detailed with some copper wire and stretched sprue. Finally, I painted the kit with Humbrol enamels, and kept weathering to a minimun. Hope you'll like it....Best regards from Tenerife....!!!!

49724056491_98a3e9392b_c.jpgIMG_20200328_185634[1] by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

49724059116_b81636e285_c.jpgIMG_20200328_185648[1] by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

49723526653_57184c4b80_c.jpgIMG_20200328_185706[1] by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

49723528818_ff377d6870_c.jpgIMG_20200328_185809[1] by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

Edited by Artie
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Artie,

Same wishes for you and yours. That is a very nice build- I had no idea there was a 1/48 kit of the CA-6. Being where you are, I'm guessing you have to get your kits/supplies via mail order? As the late crocodile hunter used to say, "Crikey- she's a beaut!"

Mike

Hi Artie,

sounds like a lot of work. That's the price to pay for such lesser known types it seems. The paintjob looks great with the pre-/postshading coming out great. At least you made the most out of the current situation (reducing the shelf of doom that is).

Stay safe and healthy!

Cheers

Markus

Edited by Shorty84

Wow Artie - I had actually heard of the Wackett but didn't really know what one looked like - actually quite sweet. Despite the problems with the kit - the result is very pleasing.

You too stay safe and healthy

Cheers

Malcolm

Now there's a subject rarely seen. NKR put a few Aussie subjects out in his time. I have his 1/48 Winjeel in the stash, also with unusable small parts but the engine will be replaced with an AM one anyway. You've done a great job on your Wackett.

Thanks for your kind words. This was a case of "you won't win this battle, little lumo of resin". I know it's not uo o today's modelling standards, but I'm hapy with the final result.

Cheers..

l