1/72 Boeing Vertol model 234LR (British Airways) - Civvie Chinook

Hello,

I would like to present my 1/72 Italeri Chinook with whirlybirds 234 conversion kit, finished in British Airways livery.

49723147746_26a9c675fd_c.jpg

49723147761_c75bb89dd8_c.jpg

49723463492_edaa99c2b8_c.jpg

49723147766_091709ce76_c.jpg

49723147771_bb86429477_c.jpg

49723147776_3ed288ae2e_c.jpg

49722610368_4dd0a67e6f_c.jpg

49722610373_a8754cf364_c.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 64
  • Thanks 1

That's nice! The weathering looks really good too. As an aside, I've always liked that Negus & Negus design; I thought it was great when it came out and it still looks smart even today.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, zebra said:

Brilliant! Would like to build one of these myself, how was the conversion?

thank you ever so much everyone. 
@ Zebra. It would have been about 4 years ago (I think?) when I first started the kit. From what I can remember, the conversion wasn’t that bad. A bit of time was taken filling and Sanding the gap between the resin cabin window insert and the fuselage body but other than that it was okay. The delay was more just me loosing my mojo and having other kits on the go. I never bothered with the resin rotor blades though, I just used the Italeri kit ones

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, WhirlybirdModels said:

The Italeri ones are the composite blades, which is why we give you the metal style blades with the conversion. Lovely job though.

Unless you get the early edition of the MH47E kit, which had the metal ones (They noticed half way through the production run of the first Revell edition and swapped it to the composite blade drop in)

1 hour ago, WhirlybirdModels said:

The Italeri ones are the composite blades, which is why we give you the metal style blades with the conversion. Lovely job though.

1 hour ago, Dave Fleming said:

Unless you get the early edition of the MH47E kit, which had the metal ones (They noticed half way through the production run of the first Revell edition and swapped it to the composite blade drop in)

Similar with the Airfix re-box of the Italeri HC.1/D kit - the initial Airfix issue had the metal blades, the later one saw them replaced with the correct composite type...

....I've got both, so if I do a civvie Chinook from one of my Revell Es, I can simply swap the blades with a set of the earlier Airfix ones - the windows I can do myself...