AEC Matador (Early)

20210206-172244.jpg

Cabin roof on. Cargo deck painted and weathered and fitted out with benches, rifle rack and spare wheel. Also painted up acouple of dudes doing their stuff.

20210206-172912.jpg

Tilt fitted. Time to look at the outside before laying more paint down.

Stuart

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Life as we know it has caused a disruption in the work flow

20210227-170341.jpg

but I've managed to get its camo on. As this is an early Matador, I've chosen a scheme from 1939-1941, dark green over khaki green. All I've got to do now is lighten these greens and apply them over the canvas areas.

Stuart

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Not much happening.

20210321-174041.jpg

The canvas parts were painted with lighter shades of the camo colours and everything was given gloss coat before decals. Unfortunately, Milicast kits don't come with decals and currently are not available. Will need to give my decal bank a thorough going through.

Stuart

• Like 6

• 7 months later...

After a 9 month hiatus, thought I'd better get my finger out. I've no excuses now after entering the world of retirement :clif:.

20211031-125324.jpg

Milicast kits do not come with decals, so it was into the spares box & another kit. The serials on the doors were taken from an IBG Scammell kit, obviously not a matador but it got serials. The AoS marking was made of RAF fin flashed cut to size with a white '6' decal put on the top. Bridge marking was just a disc of yellow paint with black numerals penned on. The model was pin-washed to bring out the detail and the wheels were given a heavier wash. Everything coated with Mt Colour Matt varnish.

The next task is the cab glazing...

Stuart

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

After a 9 month hiatus, thought I'd better get my finger out. I've no excuses now after entering the world of retirement :clif:.

About time you got some modelling done again, and about time you retired!

This one is looking pretty good.

As John says, welcome to the retired masses!

Terry

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

That's looking excellent Stuart. BTW. Welcome to the "old farts brigade". Enjoy your retirement.

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

About time you got some modelling done again, and about time you retired!

This one is looking pretty good.

As John says, welcome to the retired masses!

Cheers Guys, thanks for the welcome to the 'old farts'. How long does it take to realise that you're retired and not just having a holiday or is thee no difference?

Anyways, a little later...

20211031-170849.jpg

Windows in in shape of acetate sheet, a helpful vernier caliper, s scalpel and some Formula '560' canopy glue. Doors have been done too but to delicate to handle.

Next step is the base.

Time for a beer or two.

Stuart

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Courageous said:

How long does it take to realise that you're retired and not just having a holiday or is thee no difference?

Mine was a gradual shift as I worked freelance, and eased my way into first part time over several years, then no time, which then felt like one big holiday!

42 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Time for a beer or two.

.... and those seemed to taste better and better!

That front view looks great, must try some of that Formula 560.

Terry

• Like 1