1/48 Tamiya Hetzer

Finished up the Churchill AVRE on the weekend and jumped right in on another kit from the stash :) 

By the end of Monday I had her to here, basic assembly finished.

spacer.png

Pretty much straight OOB with a replacement barrel.  Added a little texture to the front plates and drilled the tracks.  The tricky part for me was building the tracks all as one unit so they can be taken off and painted separately.  For an older kit with the metal hull she went together smoothly and was a joy to build.

Finished up some details and the sprayed some nice red primer tonight.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's where I'm at so far.  Now all I have to do is figure out which of the zillion different camouflage patterns to try :) 

Thanks for looking in.

Dan

• Like 11

Love these Tamiya kits 1/48th is a great scale for just enough detail without taking up a huge space when finished.

At the moment I'm working my way through the British AFVs so I have (at various stages of completion) Matilda, Sherman 2, M10 "Achilles", Cromwell Mk1, Universal Carrier, Mk4 Armoured Car, Crusader Mk4 and Firefly) they are quite addictive! I'm having to stop myself from starting on the German stuff!

That sounds like a great selection of British types.  I share your joy of these kits.  They are just a lot of fun. :) 

Progress;

Freehand camouflage always challenges me and, well this is the best I can do.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now some detail painting, some decals then the good stuff!!! :) 

• Like 10

Dan I’m enjoying watching your build progress. I do like the red primer it’s one of my favourites. Your freehand camo pattern looks ok to me and I’m sure your tank will come nicely once the weathering and stowage has been added.

Glad you like the little photo prop base John.  Sometimes it's nice to just have something a bit more 'finished' to take your WIP pics on.

I knocked together a little base last night.  I will add some more details at a later stage but way too many other projects and kits to play with.  I have added more pictures in a finished post in the ready for inspection section.  Thanks for looking.

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 10 months later...

Well I got a bit carried away and thought I'd make a bit of a winter Hetzer.  First time doing the hairspray technique for winter whitewash but I think it came out okay. Still need to finish the whitewash but thought I do a little snow scene just for fun.  Worked up a new base and did some vinyl cut lettering.  

Progress;

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm working on some figures too.

• Like 7

Progress;

Worked on modifying a figure for the scene.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

FWA head on a Tamiya body.  Lots of hacking about and a little Green Stuff later he's ready for some paint.  I haven't done much working with Green Stuff but it's a lot of fun, if fiddly.

Now on to the fun bit.  Painting! 😃

• Like 4