As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

It may be just an optical illusion, but am I seeing correctly that the drooped auxilary intake doors you've added are "hinged" at the trailing edge of the openings on the starboard side (vs leading edge on the port intake)?

May well be too far along and too small an issue if I have spotted a glitch. Overall you're doing great justice to a classic kit!

5 hours ago, CT7567 said:

It may be just an optical illusion, but am I seeing correctly that the drooped auxilary intake doors you've added are "hinged" at the trailing edge of the openings on the starboard side (vs leading edge on the port intake)?

May well be too far along and too small an issue if I have spotted a glitch. Overall you're doing great justice to a classic kit!

Oh 💩how did I manage to do that?!  What a goose.  Looks like I’ll have to display the port side only.  Last timeI do this mod, in future I will either use aftermarket intakes or just ignore the closed doors.

AW

1 hour ago, Andwil said:

Oh 💩how did I manage to do that?!  What a goose.  Looks like I’ll have to display the port side only.  Last timeI do this mod, in future I will either use aftermarket intakes or just ignore the closed doors.

AW

Such a small thing most will never notice, I'm sure. And I don't know which markings you have planned (obviously pre-Falklands), but maybe you can explain it away as a little known, unsuccessful trial mod of bi-directional intakes for rapid yaw 😆

Unmasked the fuselage today:

49919033437_152585ef02_b.jpg

Happy with that, very little bleed.  I then re-masked the nose and sprayed the radome with NATO black:

49918735951_0d485968b8_b.jpg

AW

Edited by Andwil
Undid some autocorrect

Nose unmasked and wings and tail planes attached:

49921514188_91f6a73e91_b.jpg

Looks like a Sea Harrier now.

Of course having been so careful with it all along, after taking this photo I dropped the model and broke the pitot off.  I can probably make a better one with some wire anyway.

AW

Jet nozzles attached and the various antennae on the tail painted Lifecolour Tan.  These will need a second coat and a tidy up.

49928580563_b912725693_b.jpg

49929098336_759a49a635_b.jpg

I have no idea what that lighter blue area behind the ventral fin in the photo is as it’s not there in real life!

AW

Glossed and ready for decals:

49932719473_eda1b5fbb3_b.jpg

I’ve ordered a Master brass pitot to replace the broken one (it will look better as well), it’s on it’s way, hopefully it will arrive in time to complete the model for the GB.

AW