1/72 - Boeing B737 family resin kits by AeroModL - B-737-200 released - B-737-300 in progress

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing B737 family resin kits by AeroModL - 3D renders+master+parts - B-737-200 release in 2021 ?
On 1/26/2021 at 7:18 AM, steverog said:

I ordered one in September 2020, no reply to a recent email requesting an update and no update on their website or Facebook page for quite some time. Does anyone know what is going on with AeroModl?

This was posted on the Vacuform and resin kit builders group page on Facebook yesterday by David Cooper;

I have had some communication with Neil Cramer of Aeromodl.

I had placed a pre-order for one of their 1/72 Boeing 737 kits, last September, I wanted to know the status of my order. I have made contact with him via Paypal, here is his message to me:

"Hello David. I'm sorry for the lack of communication from us. Some major life issues happening with my family and I fell very far behind in production and shipping. We are working very hard on getting everything sorted. In the meantime, you may go ahead and get your refund or you're welcome to keep waiting in the delivery queue. I'm very, very sorry for the inconvenience! Warm regards, Neil Cramer Aeromodl"

8 Comments

Comment

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I ordered one of these kits on 15th Jan this year. I received an order acknowledgment but nothing else siince. A couple of weeks ago I sent an email asking for an update, then followed up with another email and Facebook Messenger message two days ago. Still no response and the message has not been read. 

Based on what’s been posted here, I’m cancelling my order. Had there been any hint of life from AeroModL I’d have been OK to wait, but the bottom line is that if I leave it another month I’ll be unable to raise a dispute with my card issuer. 

These are tough times for many, for sure. But, regardless of all that, what we have here above all is a failure to communicate and update. Equally, it’s not my first experience of a manufacturer promising much (on web pages and social media) and not being able to deliver. Whilst I do hope the life situation that is reported in this case is solveable, customers do not know what troubles are faced by manufacturers, but do know that their money has been taken and have no clue as to when their order will be fulfilled. 

I hope it’s not a trend.

I have spoken.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I placed an order late September last year, and my last communication with Neil was in early October. Nothing since, despite a couple of attempts. I've also been following along on Facebook. Discouraged, I just tried to get a refund via PayPal, but was declined due to being past the 180-day limit. Get a refund while you can, folks! Should AeroModl ever come good, you can always make your purchase then.

Kev

I had an email from Neil Cramer yesterday. He apologised for the lack of comms and explained that as well as personal issues there has been a massive problem with production. Seems to think that he’ll be back on his feet once he has an industrial 3D printer, but my take is that it will be some way off, decent though he seems.

He understood why I’d taken the refund option, which is what others may consider if they are not able to wait and/or you need to consider transaction time limits.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sundowner14 said:

I had an email from Neil Cramer yesterday. He apologised for the lack of comms and explained that as well as personal issues there has been a massive problem with production. Seems to think that he’ll be back on his feet once he has an industrial 3D printer, but my take is that it will be some way off, decent though he seems.

He understood why I’d taken the refund option, which is what others may consider if they are not able to wait and/or you need to consider transaction time limits.

I'm glad to hear that Neil is responding to someone at least. I don't have a problem with the delay on the kits, but I do have an issue with the sheer lack of communication. People have paid good money to reserve kits (in my case, it wasn't even made clear that I was reserving one - I honestly thought they were ready to be shipped), and deserve to be kept in the loop. Not doing so just creates confusion and bad feelings all round. Since I can no longer get a refund, I have no choice now but to wait it out and see what happens.

Kev

4 hours ago, Sundowner14 said:

just for your info, the guy keeps selling his virtual kits on his website. no word about kits not being physically available or still in progress what so ever.

why should someone create even more mess by pretending to sell an available product!? anyway, he got 72$ from me only for shipping last june and that was when he stopped replying on emails. teach me better, but i think this thing is done and explains why he doesnt give any lifesign. 

I emailed him again recently and informed him that I was aware he was having family problems and production issues,and I was prepared to wait for my order.I also made my concerns about his  lack of communication known and the necessity of showing a bit of courtesy to his customers.

No reply.

I didn’t doubt his enthusiasm or genuine motives.I don’t think he set out to rip anyone off.The whole project seems to have fallen off a cliff late last year,or maybe I should say fallen out of the sky!

Maybe he’s overwhelmed by it all a bit and hiding under the bed so to speak.

Given the trying times we are all living in delays are inevitable and I am prepared to live with that.But I am pretty peed off about no effort to communicate or reply.If he was genuinely straight up about what is going on and put his paying customers at ease I’d be more inclined to patience.At least some people are beginning get replies and that’s encouraging I suppose.

So,in the meantime,while I’m waiting,I have another question that needs answering from y’all.

Welsh Models or BPK?

2 hours ago, Disraeligears said:

I emailed him again recently and informed him that I was aware he was having family problems and production issues,and I was prepared to wait for my order.I also made my concerns about his  lack of communication known and the necessity of showing a bit of courtesy to his customers.

No reply.

I didn’t doubt his enthusiasm or genuine motives.I don’t think he set out to rip anyone off.The whole project seems to have fallen off a cliff late last year,or maybe I should say fallen out of the sky!

Given the trying times we are all living in delays are inevitable and I am prepared to live with that.But I am pretty peed off about no effort to communicate or reply.If he was genuinely straight up about what is going on and put his paying customers at ease I’d be more inclined to patience.At least some people are beginning get replies and that’s encouraging I suppose.

So,in the meantime,while I’m waiting,I have another question that needs answering from y’all.

Welsh Models or BPK?

That is a pity to hear..

Take the BPK ..I have one and it does look very good, it has all goody’s like a masking set and and photoetch and it is injection molded for the ease of construction..personally I don’t like the shape of the cockpit section on the Welsh 737..

cheers, Jan

10 hours ago, Disraeligears said:

No reply.

Welsh Models or BPK?

I went BPK....

BPK is the best choice right now, whether for the -100 or the -200, as you prefer.  I've built the -200 and it's a good one.  The only problem is with the rubber tires, which I'm hoping someone (@RCI?) can substitute with resin.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

BPK is the best choice right now, whether for the -100 or the -200, as you prefer.  I've built the -200 and it's a good one.  The only problem is with the rubber tires, which I'm hoping someone (@RCI?) can substitute with resin.

If just reskit would bring us a set I would be a very happy man...

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 11:49 PM, TheyJammedKenny! said:

yes, will take care of that. sorry, was completely busy finishing a small 738 :)

• Thanks 1

This update has been posted today

Hello everyone. Sorry it's been quite a while since the last update.

We had obviously hoped to be shipping by now, but unfortunately this is not the case. I had been postponing this update until we finally had some great news that the very first kits were being shipped. The initial batch of kits were awaiting a single part, the one piece fuselage. After many scrapped molds, small and large scale tests of the fuselage mold - we've decided that this part, and most others in the future will be directly tooled from the CAD. In other words, the mold itself will be 3D printed rather than than create master parts. Initial small scale testing of this method has yielded some extremely positive results and the new fuselage mold in CAD is well underway.

We also want to reassure everyone that Jim and I are 100% committed to finishing this project and finishing it correctly. We've had plenty of opportunity to release substandard kits and parts, but we are commited to true to CAD quality and we are going to see that through. I'd also like to make a frank admission that I've underestimated the amount of work and talent(and money) that making durable, high quality molds require. When this became apparent, we looked at completely outsourcing the molding and casting. While that's still a possibility, we believe directly printing the tools in much the same way most companies CNC their molds is ultimnately much simpler, faster and overall cheaper. The quality of newer industrial quality plastic 3D printers is truly astounding.

The last five or so months have been very hard for both of us for many reasons so making *any* progress has proven to be a challenge. In late 2020, my fiercely independent mother suffered a nearly disastrous fall from which she will never fully recover. She's unable to walk and now has to live in an assisted living advanced memory care facility with 24 hour nurses and doctors on hand. This has been extremely hard to me and my two siblings and we've struggled with the financial burden of the care as well as dealing with other secondary issues and the ripple effect this had on our family.

Jim, who happens to be my father, and my stepmother suffered a setback as well in that they contracted COVID in early 2021 and their recovery has been a long one, but I'm happy to report that they are making a full recovery.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of an update and the poor communication with you guys over the last several months. There is no excuse for that and going forward, we'll be notifying you guys every step of the way. The problems are not quite in the rearview mirror but we are seeing the first glimpses of light at the end of the tunnel and are still excited about producing some next level models.

We are extremely grateful for your patience and we do hope that your models will be worth the wait!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I recieved a reply from Neil at Aeromodl today to tell me I'm being refunded.

Sorry to hear that the problems bringing this product to market resulted in such a long delay,I hope to see the kit on the market and favourably reviewed in the future.

In the meantime I got a BPK 737-200.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing B737 family resin kits by AeroModL - 3D renders+master+parts - B-737-200 release in 2022 ?

This just in from BPK:

We have sold all 737-200 Lufthansa

Good evening, we are from Ukraine. We have sold all 737-200 Lufthansa 1/72 7206. But for some time they can be found at our dealers. The money from the sale of the last 3 models was spent on the needs of civilians and military in Ukraine. We thank people from all countries and their governments for their support, it is very important for us, we cannot thank anyone separately. The Russians thought to take our entire country in 3-4 days, but miscalculated, as a result, the "second army" of the world staggers for 2 months, and lost the unsinkable cruiser "Moskva". The Russians still call it a "special operation", they are afraid to call it a "war". The Russians have a lot of soldiers and equipment, but we are on our own land. The Ukrainian army is fighting for its land. The Russian army came again with the experience of capturing. Thanks to everyone for buying from Ukrainian manufacturers, this is very important for us. If your country found itself in such a situation, do not hesitate, I would also help you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing B737 family resin kits by AeroModL - 3D renders+master+parts - B-737-200 released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing B737 family resin kits by AeroModL - B-737-200 released
  • 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0eQUEriXkTomj9GQ5aex2tofCSybKxRPm3BtvBFRcWStKHKrESusUBzfm2TMKXGEEl&id=100057416710870

New 737 model offering! We have a 1968 'Rollout' version of the 737-200 kit.

With pre-orders shipping this month, those customers will now have three different configurations or "Eras" to choose from as well as the two flavors of the kits: shell without windows and cabin/cockpit with windows.

Note: the wing is slightly changed as well, and the empennage vortex generators should be omitted for builds of this era.

383985827-795212395735977-89202009048504
383986475-795211322402751-57450683431382

384431522-795212392402644-44976345393591
384764927-795211302402753-50371229203907

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1369530677330078&id=100057416710870&substory_index=1369530677330078

This engine and pylon configuration did make it into early line number 737-200 models, but is most commonly associated with the 737-100.

391615026-801808748409675-59847930581660

387869928-801802721743611-41114395482321

391613197-801802695076947-42916938095078

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Boeing B737 family resin kits by AeroModL - B-737-200 released - B-737-300 in progress

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0339CiWU3F5KYyMrdwsyjGcGnGh9M8TCsKTQ213athVWNHXz7qHZRCwuPBwCzi7ADjl&id=100057416710870&locale=pt_PT

Hopefully shipping these in mid-December...with DL AND PI decals. The full version with cabin and windows to follow.

For now, I've dropped prices on the -200s all the way down to the original Kickstarter price of $99.95 for any kit version. You can put in the code "FACEBOOK10" at checkout for an additional 10 bucks off. New orders will ship in 1-5 business days.

I have limited the quantity to 12 so I can do a bunch more pre-orders this month.

https://www.aeromodl.com/our-kits

You can find some kits eBay as well if you prefer to do your shopping there.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/aeromodl

Cheers guys!

399574770-816047596985790-10725756439040

399615540-816047576985792-43113317271311

399459747-816047396985810-80203284224536

399565827-816047386985811-72444414595483

V.P.