Tamiya Ford Quad Gun Tractor

Carius

Hi folks, starting a new project, Quad Gun Tractor, Tamiya 35045, 1/35.

spacer.png

The Tamiya kit is rather old, but good base for improviments. So, I will put some additional efforts on this kit. The model surely deserves to be improved with photoetched parts, resin tires, some plastic strips, scratch build parts, etc, and this is the only thing I need to do, in order to have a wonderful reproduciton of a 1/35 Quad Gun Tractor.

Accessories: Eduard 35444 photo etched set and Hussar Productions 35071 Ford Quad resin tires.

But I plan to do a command reconnaissance version, with a british wireless radio set, like this:

spacer.png

That's all for now...

Edited by Carius
  • Like 11

Roger, John and Werner good to see you here, thanks.

Dads and AntPhillips, about the british radio I have one of these Bronco AB3509 sets, and it is precisely this radio that I will use. By the way, I not sure but this radio seems to me a wireless set nº 19 (?).

Folks, I thank you all for your interest in this project.

Cheers

Edited by Carius
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony C said:

I've got two in the stash, one solo and one with limber and 25pdr, so I'll come along for the ride!

Wasn't aware of the Bronco detail set so have already learned something new...:thumbsup:

Hi Tony,

There's not a huge amount in the set, but it does have a lovely No.19 set, together with some typical British &Commonwealth personal packs and weapons, Sten, Bren and Thompson, and a pair of what I think are Vickers K guns, all crisply moulded, ideal for personalising B & C vehicles .

• Like 1

Nice choice Carius. I always loved this Quad. I buy this kit many, many years ago when a was a young modeller😞. I’ll follow you with great interest!

ciao

Filippo

I’m looking forward to following this one Carius as I’ve wanted to get one of these for ages. Thanks for posting that pic of the radio too.......just what I needed for the Harrington I’m working on👍

cheers

Simon

16 hours ago, Phil1960 said:

Nice choice Carius. I always loved this Quad. I buy this kit many, many years ago when a was a young modeller😞. I’ll follow you with great interest!

ciao

Filippo

I thank your interest Filippo.

Cheers from Brazil

22 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

I’m looking forward to following this one Carius as I’ve wanted to get one of these for ages. Thanks for posting that pic of the radio too.......just what I needed for the Harrington I’m working on👍

cheers

Simon

Hello Simon, welcome on board too and enjoy your Harrington kit.

After much researching about this vehicle, today I will start the assembly :work:

On 01/04/2020 at 16:44, AntPhillips said:

Hi Tony,

There's not a huge amount in the set, but it does have a lovely No.19 set, together with some typical British &Commonwealth personal packs and weapons, Sten, Bren and Thompson, and a pair of what I think are Vickers K guns, all crisply moulded, ideal for personalising B & C vehicles .

Thanks Ant,

I'm an aviation modeller normally but recent obtained the Airfix 1:76 Cromwell which seems to have kick started my interest in armour but have little idea of what accessories are available where from, outside my usual sources, so posts like this a great help!

• Like 1

Hi Filippo, I already have something in mind, but I appreciate your suggestion.

The photo was saved in my files for a closer look.

Progress photos tonight...

Ciao

Edited by Carius
  • Like 1

Progress - after a more accurate analysis, I decided to keep the Tamiya wheels and save the resin wheels for another case. I also put some copper wires on the engine and on the rear wheel axle. Finally I made the tow cable...

spacer.png

spacer.png

That´s all for now...

Edited by Carius
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 3:45 AM, Hamden said:

Nice neat chassis work, will look great with a coat of paint

Roger

An easu build indeed Roger.

On 4/8/2020 at 5:13 AM, Bullbasket said:

Nice work on the engine wiring Ceasar, and well done for labeling each wheel. If only I could remember to do things like that:doh:

John.

Thanks John :lol:

More news today!