Fly Models Bristol Freighter Mk21/31

26Decals

Good evening all, I hope you are all keeping safe and well.

Would their be any interest in some laser decals for the newly released 1/72 Fly Models Bristol Freighters?

All the best

Ray

Edited by 26Decals
signature

As long as they have "VH-" registrations!

Seriously, I have drawings, prepared in CAD, of some of the Australian civil stuff (ANA, Ansett, Ansett-MAL, Air Express) - pm me if they're of any use.

Off-topic, but I have been eagerly waiting for the release of the Fly Models kit, having had an old Airfix kit in 'storage' for a long, long, time. It looks very good in the sprue shots I have seen, but when I saw the price it is going for, I think I will either try to make a decent model out of the Airfix kit, or forget about building one. Doubtful the new Airfix will replace the original release, but there's always hope. A camouflaged Kiwi Freighter would be my first choice. 

Mike

4 minutes ago, 26Decals said:

Ok so far I have done BKS, Dan Air and Aer Turas and am now working on Instone/Atlantic Air Transport G-BISU :)

Great that you are doing G-BISU I was allready thinking about that one when I looked at your site yesterday evening😁

cheers, Jan

5 hours ago, 26Decals said:

Ok so far I have done BKS, Dan Air and Aer Turas and am now working on Instone/Atlantic Air Transport G-BISU :)

Great... But please include G-AMLK in the Instone / Atlantic sheet

It just occurred to me that this might be a good time to thank Ray for enabling me and many others ( I hope ) to model the Britannia's that I was involved with in the late seventies. The Roden kit was a god send for me and I have three more on the go right now!

Keith

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for coming to the party a bit late on this post.

• British United Air Ferries Mk 31 G-ANMF (and Mk32 (Airfix kit) if possible with the windows cut out - The S&M versions were a solid line with no window holes) 
  • Instone Mk 31
  • Silver City Mk 21/31
  • Air Ferry Mk 21/31 (not 100% sure on which Mk they flew but pretty sure it was Mk31s. They also flew Viking C2s, DC4s and Viscounts, all out of Manston in Kent )
  • BEA

Thanks.

Edited by chopper61
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe correct RCAF roundels!!!!  The kit ones show late style Maple leaf roundels which are so wrong for the type in camo, whereas they should be the earlier type to go with the early style Canadian flag fin flash!!!

On 7/17/2020 at 6:59 PM, Skymonster said:

@26Decals, has there been any progress on the Instone / Atlantic Biffo decals please? I’m really keen on doing a Mk.31 but G-BISU and G-AMLK are really the only subjects I’m interested in.

They are making slow progress but will be released.

7 hours ago, Paul J said:

Maybe correct RCAF roundels!!!!  The kit ones show late style Maple leaf roundels which are so wrong for the type in camo, whereas they should be the earlier type to go with the early style Canadian flag fin flash!!!

The roundels in the kit are very wrong.  The new leaf roundels came well after the change from the ensign to the new flag.  Few examples were in storage in non-cam.  One can find examples of the other way round - new flag with old Silver Maple Leaf roundels.

Patrick Martin