New MiniArt Btype lorry (commercial)

keithjs

I'm interested in building one of these to go along side my military version.  https://miniart-models.com/products/38027-british-lorry-3t-lgoc-b-type/

Is there anyone out there that could point me in the right direction with regard to references etc, particularly on the schemes included in the kit please.

2 hours ago, richellis said:

Not sure if they are ‘real’ liveries, they say they 2 London (LF) and 1 Liverpool but the registration plates are all London based. Liverpool should be KA KB KC KD KF prefix 

Thanks. I did wonder, but why make them up? In fact I emailed the current J Cooper and Sons as the colour scheme was similar  https://jcooperandsons.co.uk/   today but they said its not them as they've not been going that long. Interesting about the number plates too.

I'd just like to see some phoots. I've emailed MiniArt and will await their reply.

• Like 1

I'll be interested to know if you get a reply - I have the ICM B Type (which I understand is the same plastic) that I want to build in something other than a Green Machine scheme.

9 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

I'll be interested to know if you get a reply - I have the ICM B Type (which I understand is the same plastic) that I want to build in something other than a Green Machine scheme.

OK will do.  Is the ICM model a totally different machine? It might be called a B Type but isn't it American?

14 minutes ago, keithjs said:

OK will do.  Is the ICM model a totally different machine? It might be called a B Type but isn't it American?

ICM kit is for the US Liberty B lorry, this is a completely different vehicle to the British B type , which was actually based on the chassis of a London bus.

21 minutes ago, Andrew Jones said:

ICM kit is for the US Liberty B lorry, this is a completely different vehicle to the British B type , which was actually based on the chassis of a London bus.

Thanks, thats what I thought...

• 2 months later...

I thought I'd just bump this back up and see if anyone has had any further thoughts as I was just about to start building? I've even got some very nice resin bags of coal (with real coal) from Dakkar models in France.

I've had emails back from Miniart and strangely they say they don't have any information on the colour schemes...Makes me even more suspicious they're fictitious? Or at the very least based on guess work? I'd love to know where to find out...