TAMIYA 1988 Mclaren MP4/4 1:20

A lot of firsts for this one. This is my first post, my first 1/20 scale, my first to use lacquer paint..... Glad to finish this build in time for Senna's birthday. A small tribute as a fan. Was worried about this build, given that it is an old and hard to find kit from where I'm from. So I took extra time and care with this. Nonetheless, it's still not a perfect build but I'm extremely satisfied with it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 29

Well done. I'm not into F1 cars but I can appreciate the quality of your work! Paint looks very very nice. 

49 minutes ago, SpeedMonkey said:

Still not at ease with building kits. I find myself always second guessing myself.

Ha! Get used to that feeling, I think this is a modeller's natural state... Every kit is different, so there's something else bugging you every time, but just remember, that's the fun of the hobby 😉 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Ha! Get used to that feeling, I think this is a modeller's natural state... Every kit is different, so there's something else bugging you every time, but just remember, that's the fun of the hobby 😉 

Haha! This hobby can drive people to insanity. But the rewards are gratifying. Thanks for the kind words!

5 hours ago, klubman01 said:

An excellent build.

Nice photos, as well.  They look like studio shots of the real car.

Thank you. Had fun shooting it as well. Part of the perks when completing a build. 😉

4 hours ago, andmarsh said:

that looks really really nice!

Thank you for the kind words.

Wow, talk about a factory finish on that paint scheme!  😍

And I imagine Ron Dennis would be quite happy with that clinical white background!  Looks amazing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SpeedMonkey said:

Thank you. I'm fairly new in this hobby. Still not at ease with building kits. I find myself always second guessing myself.

But its a great start of you, especially the way of photographing i like.  You ar a filipino? Where do you live, my wife comes from North Cotabato, the filipinos are so nice and kind people, always smiling.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That's a superb build and an excellent tribute to one of the greatest racing drivers ever.

Top work!! :thumbsup:

Keith

PS :welcome: to the forums

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to learning a lot from this forum. 😉

11 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Cracking model mate. The paint work is very nicely done. Was it the new Tamiya lacquer paint you used?

Used some of Tamiya's LP paint for the chassis and Spray Can (TS 26) for the whites. Used Mr Color 171 for the Fluorescent Red and Mr. Color 46 for the Clear Coat.

9 hours ago, Nev said:

Wow, talk about a factory finish on that paint scheme!  😍

And I imagine Ron Dennis would be quite happy with that clinical white background!  Looks amazing.

Haha! I wouldn't want to disappoint Ron Dennis!

33 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

But its a great start of you, especially the way of photographing i like.  You ar a filipino? Where do you live, my wife comes from North Cotabato, the filipinos are so nice and kind people, always smiling.

I'm from Quezon City, which is part of Metro Manila. Cotabato is in the southern part of our islands. Never been there but I heard really nice things about it. YEs, Filipinos love to smile...and sing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1