Zvezda SU-30SM 1/72

Hi everyone

This is my 1/72 SU-30SM by Zvezda. I have built it all from the box without extra parts. The kit had amazing detail and the option for the flaps to be down. I had a bit of a problem with the decals where i forgot to apply the gloss varnish so they wouldnt have air bubbles which is visable on a few of th decals. I am planning on doing another one which i should'nt make the same mistake on.I might try washes and weathering next time as it lacking weathering. thanks for looking.

y4m58wVHIL7glmYuWBPmNC7F5NG1st7kFFZJm3D2

y4mPd9YRD1fL1GYRq8AiRwOkDgi4AWPEo41e5wf-y4m3rXkl3WQaKSDTjzhiNPKluhGHCHq0Xlz8Xv6Sy4mo9BkGqLt2usWh85JQJqpn5wKvkyaNkzCL8rySy4mwDATbLDNyAnvC1XlqyIq0ZIf8pQSvK-WOiFK3Edit: took some different photos i thought are worth adding

y4muoUsj_rQxyy28Iqhd7okt_h2dDrVTbfek-Hjky4mYwdrZYK46Y34oEmzgvh7th7MbMZhRhOH1Mfg6

Edited by AndrewMi
  • Like 17

@Flankermanthis was my first Flanker and the paint guide only showed one side of the plane so i suspected it to be the same on the other side. Once i finished, i saw pictures and noticed what i had done wrong and didnt want to risk damaging the decals by painting it again. Next one i do,  i will make sure i dont make the same mistake.

7 hours ago, AndrewMi said:

@Flankermanthis was my first Flanker and the paint guide only showed one side of the plane so i suspected it to be the same on the other side. Once i finished, i saw pictures and noticed what i had done wrong and didnt want to risk damaging the decals by painting it again. Next one i do,  i will make sure i dont make the same mistake.

I nearly always do this on flankers, continued into my Сч 33 build

I want to do this one next and love you build. The tonal effect in the grey is good, well done

Very smart bud and nicely done.  We all make daft mistakes on every build we do, its the learning from them and correcting them for the next build that keeps us all learning and getting better.  Keep it up mate.

• Like 1

Great job on a great looking aircraft!  Love the eggplant color and am curious what paint you used for it.  I have an Su-34 in the stash but need to find the right paint.