A6M5 Zero

Good day to all,

As I continue to empty out my display cabinet, today`s subject is the renown Tamiya A6M5 Zero.  The various models of the famed Mitsubishi fighter from Tamiya are my favorite kit manufactured.  As those who have not built this kit, it is absolutely flawless in design, engineering, and overall quality.  If I was only permitted to build a single kit, the Tamiya Zero series would be it.  This particular A6M5 was constructed a number of years back so I`m hazy as to which specific colors I used.  My usual method of washes, pencils, pastels, and paint was applied to weather the subject.  I would recommend this kit to all regardless of skill level.

THANK YOU in advance!!!!!!!!!

With much respect to all.

Mike

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The A6M2 Model 21 is the Hasegawa kit.  The A6M3 is from Tamiya

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png   

• Like 15

Fantastic work and a stunning collection of Zero's

If you can find it, I highly recommend this book to buy and keep

Eagles of Mitsubishi - Jiro Horikoshi

Written by the man himself, Jiro Horikoshi during his time as an engineer at Mitsubishi, It takes you through the designing of the Type 96 and the development of the A6M in all of its variants through WW2.

A fantastic read.

Also, if you have Netflix, as of this Wednesday, the absolute master piece (in my own humble opinion) from Studio Ghibli is released to watch to your hearts content.

• Thanks 1

Mike,

Very pretty! Very realistic scuffing and weathering, too- looks like she was rode hard and put up wet, as we say in the Lone Star state, podnuh! When Tamiya puts their mind to it, they crank out a kit that basically falls together...keeping my fingers crossed that we will see a 1/72 Rufe from them in my lifetime. Your aotake looks right on the money, too. (BTW, did you get the 'Vark stuff I sent?)

That is a nice trio of A6M's...would make a neat collection category entry, with the prototype, A6M2, A6M3, A6M5, and the A6M8...all Tamiya with the exception of the Fine Molds prototype and the Hasegawa A6M8! 👍

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
added text
  • Thanks 1