Airfix Buccaneer S2D and S2B 1/48

Slow progress with these two with all the nice weather. 

But with the rain this weekend, managed to get a bit more done. 

Camo work done on the s2b, and a bit of detailing in the bomb bay. Trying to get the air brakes buttoned up and joined to the fuselage was a nightmare, and leave a lot to be desired. 

20200608_172146

20200608_172158 20200607_152615

20200608_172258

20200608_172309

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Back in the Saddle said:

It’s not a well fitting model, is it! I used loads of filler on mine...

Lol that's an understatement. I've just used tonnes of sprue glue to fill. No where near the standard of yours but good enough for me

Edited by Allatsea

• 2 months later...

Hit a snag with this build, I ran out of the paint I was using for the navy Bucc just before I moved house, threw away the pot and now 2 months later cant remember what I was using. 

I want to say it was tamiya XF54, but when looking online the 54 shade looks a lot lighter on the paint charts. Only place it looks correct is Ebay. 

Anyone able to guide me in the right direction as to what paint it may be? 

The harrier and navy buc in the thread is the colour  I had been using. 

Getting to the finish line with these 2 now.

S2D - decaling is all done. Just need to attach the wings and install the ejection seats. Lost the aerials off the top of the fuselage when moving house so will need to replace them somehow. 

S2B - build from the S2D boxing so new decals were needed, picked up kits world war birds decals from Hannents. Bomb bay was completed to hide the lack of buldged bomb bay. The kit arrived with no clear parts, lucky the other kit had a vac form canopy, but will need to make the windshield for the co pilot and lights. 

20200826_131200

20200826_131227

20200826_131313

20200826_131340

20200826_131401

• Like 5

Very nice.  Like the open bomb bay too.  I looked at the Kits World decals the other night as my S2B has the kit Lossiemouth decals & I was after a Honington airframe.  But as it seems both of the decals sets are ex Honington anyway, and both squadrons relocated to Lossie from a Honington anyway.  I think. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...