Spitfire VIII 417 Sqn RCAF, 1/72

Hi everybody,

my latest completion: a Spitfire VIII, 417 Sqn RCAF in Italy. The kit is the Eduard Weekend-edition (although it took me much longer than a weekend). The kit is gorgeous and a pleasure to build, but I guess you know this already. There are not even expensive nowadays (in Euro at least).

The decals are from various Xtradecal sheets. I had wanted to built AN-M ever since I first saw a picture of it literally decades ago in "Spitfire at War". The gun barrels are after-market brass items, but I don't think they make a big difference. The plastic parts from the kit are probably just as good. 

Thanks for looking!

QmLIMAy.jpg

yCn2rEa.jpg

GR3PGXK.jpg

H8vNERc.jpg

POEORKG.jpg

2z7f4Yr.jpg

15AkChx.jpg

Edited by Doc72
  • Like 43

31 minutes ago, Hairtrigger said:

Gorgeous....   Base works really sets it off.

Thanks, it's one of the first bases where I used a static grass applicator. It really makes a difference when working with static grass, but wearing rubber gloves is recommended to avoid (harmless) electric shocks.

I really like the little Spitfire, very nicely painted and built. What about the antenna wire? Did you lose your temper there? I know not a nice job to fiddle with.Udo.

Sir! That is pure beauty! Well done!

50 minutes ago, Jabo31 said:

I really like the little Spitfire, very nicely painted and built. What about the antenna wire? Did you lose your temper there? I know not a nice job to fiddle with.Udo.

Are you sure this aircraft had an aerial wire? 

Chris

49 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Are you sure this aircraft had an aerial wire? 

Not really, but someone will have the solution. It would be interesting if the wire is installed.

10 minutes ago, Jabo31 said:

Not really, but someone will have the solution. It would be interesting if the wire is installed.

Actually, I don't know. However, I can't see any on most photos, so even if there is a wire, it is likely too thin to be visible from a distance. Therefore, any thread or stretched sprue would be over-scale in 1/72. Of course, it is a matter of taste. Currently I am working on a Canberra and on this plane the wire is quiet visible, so I am considering adding one to the model. It always depends...

• 3 months later...