hawker Sea Hawk

When all is up in the air, concentrate on something familiar and re-assuring - like a Sea Hawk model! 

This is the 1/72 Hobby Boss kit, with Modeldecal transfers to correct some anomalies in the kit markings.   At least I hope they "correct" !    

wp934adb21_06.jpg

What a marvelous little kit this is, even allowing for the age of the Airfix one that I am more familiar with. Its only real issue is the intake vane arrangement, which is too prominent. 

I did cut this one's vanes back, but clearly not far enough.  I have 3 more in the stash to build and looking forward to them.

wpa76d1597_06.jpg

wpf0eaa32d_06.jpg

wpb8da466e_06.jpg

wp69b25bd3_06.jpg

And the collection grows:

wp39f483e4_05_06.jpg

Stay safe everyone.....

FredT

• Like 25

Oh yes very nice indeed, your model looks superb and so does your collection.  I have the Trumpeter 48th scale kit which is stalled at the moment on the intake vanes.  Although I have just had a sort out of my modelling bench and shelf of doom so it is prominent in my line of vision do may well pick it up again.  Thanks for sharing.

All the best

Chris

• 2 months later...

Nice work and collection!!!

I presume some of them are the Airfix mould?

I have the kit and the Airwaves etched set but, I'm having a bit of trouble with the cockpit area.

By the way, I hear the Special Hobby Sea Hawk is also a very nice and accurate kit of the Sea Hawk.

Edited by Shalako

22 hours ago, Shalako said:

I presume some of them are the Airfix mould?

I have the kit and the Airwaves etched set but, I'm having a bit of trouble with the cockpit area.

Yes, all of them are Airfix except the most recent.  I did add a very simple cockpit to some of them - essentially some side panels and an improved seat. I also tried drilling out th egun ports, bu tone fueslage side on the Airfix kit is very thin so it doesn't work very well.   The one at the back right was built by me in about 1973! 

FredT :)

http://www.gengriz.co.uk/Seahawkit.htm

http://www.gengriz.co.uk/RNjetsweb/seahawk.htm

• Like 1