1/43 Lola T70, John Surtees Can-Am champion 1966

I've not seen much in the way of 1/43 scale models on the forum, so I thought I'd better post these.

This the Marsh Models kit (MM24A) of John Surtees' championship winner of the 1966 Can-Am series.  There are a few changes as I wanted to model the car as it appeared, and won, at the first round, held at St. Jovite, Canada.

spacer.png

The changes mostly involved different sponsor decals, which I obtained from the excellent Can-Am sheet by Microsport.

spacer.png

I also made some changes in the cockpit, with a better steering wheel by Renaissance, and I replaced the photoetched seatbelts with painted wine bottle foil fitted with Renaissance belt buckles.

spacer.png

• Like 17

38 minutes ago, Kitkent said:

That's really nice! I had exactly this kit but sold it in a stash reduction a few years ago. Great to to see decent seatbelts in an open  car as well. 

Thanks very much.  This kit is out of production by Marsh, but Automodelli Studio in Australia acquired the masters for this (and other Marsh kits) recently, and are now marketing them with a few changes, mainly the decals, to reflect their antipodean theme.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice to see 1/43 Gems. Nice build, the scale and detail makes 1/43`s like jewels . Just need to keep looking on e bay for Rare finds.

I will start one soon Honda RA273.

Cheers,

Rishi