1/32 - Hawker Siddeley HS.780 Andover C.Mk.1 by One Man Model (3D printed models) - released

Homebee

After the 1/72nd & 1/48th (link) kits, One Man Model is to release a 1/32nd Hawker Siddeley HS.780 Andover C.Mk.1 3D printed model.

Sources:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/83651-unique-opportunity-132-andover-c1/

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1243205525875776&id=100005590215920

Soon, I will begin new kit design. The new kit work will be done parallel with HS780 instruction and 1/32 HS780 prototyping. So Orlyonok is not appropriate one this time. I changed the release turn. I will release Ensign next.
As a result, most of my product is British aircraft so far. I do not know why. But Orlyonok and Deux ponts is not British.

Hi all

There is a chap in Japan called Mr Toshihiko Shimizu (One Man Model) who is producing 1/72 and 1/48 HS748 and Andover 3D printed kits.

I know a couple of people who have already ordered his kits, and although extra work is involved in sanding and preparing the surface the kit is very good and incredibly accurate in shape and 'look/feel' of the real airframe.  I asked him if he would make me an Andover C1 (that is currently in design, several HS 748's in various guises are already produced and sold) in 1/32 scale, he replied no he dosent do that scale, people wont want one in 1/32 etc. 

Anyway he has finally come back to me and said yes he would make some design tweaks etc and print me one. He thinks the surface detail will come out better than the smaller kits due to the level of detail he is putting into the design.  I asked him if he might be interested in doing a couple if anyone else is interested when I get one done for me.  he has agreed to do a bigger print run at the same time if anyone else wants one and will reduce the price if more than one is ordered.

He is going to sell me one for 36000 Yen, pretty sure that includes shipping.(approx. 327USD).  Here is a link to his FB page so you can see his who he is

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005590215920&__tn__=%2CdC-R-R&eid=ARAeKO63L1GSHEHhvAFJD49xMmnYPIIpXho9Q-txfnkj3qpKLbOmevOaX1QbWEbtMQWrsBthtXgzlCTY&hc_ref=ARTo8WAWhuaHQa188fWV4kv9UtI_k5l6LiH-kTkiGRYhmK-y057KTZ84eKviY4D60-Y&fref=nf

Here are a few images of his CAD

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee

• 2 weeks later...

That'll be big. People have to invest in building garages and hangers for all these models of the 1/32 age.  These parts look very good so far.

Edited by busnproplinerfan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Simon Cornes said:

What is the texture of the fuselage like? Is it rough, being 3-D printed? 

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon

The surface texture isnt that bad in my opinion and quite easy to smooth out.  Check Iain's build over on LSP, he is moving through with no real issues on the printing process and is providing some great tips along the way.

It will take more time, especially interior clean up, but if you want one then this will probably only ever be your opportunity.  Plus I don't know how long he will be offering this in 32nd scale as he has lots of other projects in the pipeline that will be taking up print time etc...

I honestly dont think you will be disappointed.  I have a 1/32 Dart engine on its way with open cowls.  A chap on facebook (Ladislav Hancar in the UK) did one in 1/72 and upscaled it to me.  The detail looks amazing.

HTH

Cheers Anthony 

Certainly looks very impressive Anthony that’s for sure. I have 2 snags - first a 3-D printed TSR2 in 1/32 and, second a bit of a splurge on Wingnut kits over the last couple of days but it does look a very well designed kit, that is for sure. I may still fall for one though!! Noted that the clock is ticking!!

Cheers

Simon

2 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Could you post a link to Iain’s build please? Many thanks

TT

It’s further up this page

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Simon Cornes said:

Certainly looks very impressive Anthony that’s for sure. I have 2 snags - first a 3-D printed TSR2 in 1/32 and, second a bit of a splurge on Wingnut kits over the last couple of days but it does look a very well designed kit, that is for sure. I may still fall for one though!! Noted that the clock is ticking!!

Cheers

Simon

It’s further up this page

LOL...I feel your pain!

TT here you go

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/85057-132-hawker-siddeley-andover-emk-3-3d-print/

• Thanks 1