Bell X-1 "Glamorus Glennis" 1/32 Revell/Monogram

Bell X-1 Revell/Monogram 1/32
I think this one is much older than me :)
Painted with Tamiya and Mr. Hobby paints. Weathering is done with AMMO MIG and AK INTERACTIVE.
Base is made with AK Crackle Effects.
I've modified hatch lid, rescriber raised panel lines, added a few wires behind the instrument panel and basically that's all. Hope you'll like it :)

ElZ6eX5.jpg

b1GpmN4.jpg

X0eCtsY.jpg

Iywf22I.jpg

Jx4hp2R.jpg

VjsPbJG.jpg

G4uRZ4c.jpg

HsADzRS.jpg

• Like 30

Fantastic! I would see that at the local hobby shops in the 80's but it just didn't interest me back then.  Now of course I wish I had one of those in my stash.

Your orange looks just right.  The lakebed effect is a killer touch.  Did you have fun re-scribing it?

I'm actually quite curious what paint or mix you got that lovely orange with.  I dug my X-1 kit out and I'm wondering how to paint overall orange.

10 hours ago, Jeddahbill said:

Well done!

Bill

Many thanks :)

8 hours ago, Todders said:

Fantastic! I would see that at the local hobby shops in the 80's but it just didn't interest me back then.  Now of course I wish I had one of those in my stash.

It's still in shops around the world. Of course in Revell box. I think Revell re-released it in 2019 or on the beggining of 2020. You should have no problems with finding it :)

4 hours ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

Your orange looks just right.  The lakebed effect is a killer touch.  Did you have fun re-scribing it?

I'm actually quite curious what paint or mix you got that lovely orange with.  I dug my X-1 kit out and I'm wondering how to paint overall orange.

This is out-of-the-bottle Mr.Hobby Aqueous H14, without any mixing. Then MIG Track Wash which is brown, I didn't coated it after painting so no gloss varnish etc.. Wash was used as soon as paint was dry.

About rescribing...It's not my favourite form of excercise :) I can say that with RB Productions Scribe-R I was able to finish it and not throw X-1 through the window with subsonic speed :)

• Like 2