P-51D Mustang - Eduard 1/48

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on here, and I'd like to show all of you my second build, and first one with an airbrush.

The kit is the newest Eduard P-51D Mustang done in a 308th Fighter Squadron scheme, built with the Eduard gun bays for the P-51. This is as well my first kit with resin parts/detail kit.

The paints are all Vallejo, and more specifically the Metal color line with aluminium on the fuselage and dull aluminium on the wings.

Im sorry for not having a professional photostudio setup, but I ran out to get some realistic/better lighting just before the sun set behind the mountain.

I'm really looking forward to hearing feedback, whether it be negative or positive. I'm very eager to learn and improve on anything I can.

I'd also like to thank all of you on here for all the information Ive found, and you seem like a great community overall. Also a big thanks to David (mirageiv) as he's been extremely kind answering all of my questions, and giving me tons of tips.

Enjoy!

-Leander

ZQ4QIQd.jpg

JIuUWw0.jpg

0Rojaxv.jpg

UMD42Zu.jpg

DP4gZKc.jpg

3zW4Z6x.jpg

0Vm01zx.jpg

Edited by Leander999
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

Your work is exceptional. Great results from a first time airbrush!

Thank you! It went pretty well at first, but I butchered the primer. Thanks to David, he gave me the advice of wet sanding it down, which turned out okay. But I still have a long way to go. I never got the varnish entirely right, but I think the rough dull look just suits the weathered look I was going for better, so I was kinda lucky I guess.

58 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Welcome to BM. If this is the standard of your work, I can't wait to see more of it!

Thanks! I hope you like the weathered models, as Im probably gonna stick to making them (and they make it easier to conceal imperfections, which is perfect for the time being O:) hehe)

48 minutes ago, Farmerboy said:

Very realistic finish, well weathered, looks like you are on the way to becoming an excellent modeller, good job!

Thank you so much!

Well done. You’ve obviously got a keen eye for detail, and the natural artistic ability to execute the techniques you’ve learned.  Y only suggestion for improvement is to build more models! Practice makes perfect, right? Also, make sure you’re looking at lots of photos of the real thing. You can learn a lot about what type of weathering and wear occurs, the location, and how the airflow pattern over the plane affects things like oil stains and exhaust. 

Thank you for sharing this build with us!

• Thanks 1