MiniArt WWI Lorry

Not my usual subject matter but I couldn't resist having a go at one of these. And a very nice model it is too. I might even have a go at the bus next..?

Pretty much straight from the box except for all the stowage which came from various sources.Thanks for looking.

49708651542_e08e70b66c_b.jpg20200328_150137

49707799653_ca3656881b_b.jpg20200328_150128

49708658112_8066ece85f_b.jpg20200328_150115

49708339471_b854e848e5_b.jpg20200328_150228

49708645322_364b6cd2a1_b.jpg20200328_150210

49707793033_a7bef9d49a_b.jpg20200328_150152

• Like 40
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, clive_t said:

Nice one. I too am quite taken with these MiniArt kits, you're not helping! :D

Thank you.  Sorry about that...you won't want to know about this then  https://miniart-models.com/products/38027-british-lorry-3t-lgoc-b-type/      I really shouldn't but I probably will.....

Edited by keithjs
  • Haha 1

Aye up Keith,

That really is very nicely done. Can i ask what paint you used? I've got the ICM FWD in the pile and have been pondering the best colour to use.

Regards,

Steve

58 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up Keith,

That really is very nicely done. Can i ask what paint you used? I've got the ICM FWD in the pile and have been pondering the best colour to use.

Regards,

Steve

Thank you Steve.  I also debated what colour to use but in the end used my own descretion and what I could gain from current restored examples. In the end mixed Humbrol 159 with Xtracolor X22 PC10. 50/50.  I thought X22 neat at first but it was too much of a Dark Brown colour. Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keithjs said:

Thank you.  Sorry about that...you won't want to know about this then  https://miniart-models.com/products/38027-british-lorry-3t-lgoc-b-type/      I really shouldn't but I probably will.....

Noooo... must... resist.... must... reduce.... stash... Aaaghhh! :analintruder:

• 4 weeks later...

I was "lurking" when I first saw this thread, and had been considering getting the kit.  Excellent presentation. 👍 As I've already got 2 LGOC Omnibus kits on order this one has now been added to the top of my things to spend money on list. 🤓

Gerry

16 minutes ago, GerryW said:

I was "lurking" when I first saw this thread, and had been considering getting the kit.  Excellent presentation. 👍 As I've already got 2 LGOC Omnibus kits on order this one has now been added to the top of my things to spend money on list. 🤓

Gerry

I was just reading a review of Miniart's new miltary B type omnibus and they do look good. We seem to be lucky with new and unusual kits at the moment, with WW1 vehicles getting more of a look in.

I just hope that someone comes up with a suitable collection of WW1 figures for these kits soon. Chaps wearing Gas Masks and running don't really fit on a Bus.. 🤣

And while I'm at it, a few sets of civilians from the period wouldn't be out of place either. 🤓

Gerry

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 28/03/2020 at 16:32, keithjs said:

Not my usual subject matter but I couldn't resist having a go at one of these. And a very nice model it is too. I might even have a go at the bus next..?

I did the civvy bus, a real pleasure to build, despite all the thin parts. (I didn't break any of them!) I've grown really fond of Miniarts kits.

That looks very good indeed.

I was intending to build one of these when I had completed their Military Omnibus that is currently in WIP. but I think I may need a simpler build next as the cleaning up of the parts on the bus has really been quite draining.

Wayne