Mirage 2000B in 1/72 (New photos with revised radome)

Mirage 2000B

No.527 / 115-OR, EC2/5 ‘Il-de-France’

Orange – Caritat, Languedoc, southern France, 2018

Mirage 2000B 527

1/72 Italeri kit (‘Mirage 2000D’ boxing)

Resin seats and added cockpit detail

All antennas and ECM radomes rebuilt

Modified fin shape

Xtracolour enamel paints

Decals from Revell Mirage 2000C kit and Syhart (badges and numbers)

IMG_3856

IMG_3855

IMG_3854

IMG_3853

IMG_3852

IMG_3851

(Annoyingly, the photos seem to have a greenish tinge - it's blueish in real life!)

Chris

• Like 39

1 hour ago, Latinbear said:

Fantastic! Great photo and a beautiful build to compliment it. 

Thanks - I just noticed the grey fin tip in the photo! All the other photos of 527 seem to show the black tip with squadron marks.

• Haha 1

BEAUTIFUL job on one of my all-time favorite birds!

What paint colors did you use?

Cheers,

WARDOG

3 hours ago, WARDOG said:

BEAUTIFUL job on one of my all-time favorite birds!

What paint colors did you use?

Cheers,

WARDOG

Xtracolour Mirage 2000 Light Blue Grey and Mirage 2000 Dark Blue Grey. That’s as technical as it gets!

What a fantastic Mirage 2000B and the Xtracolor paints look a good match.

Well done your build is great.  I think the SAM MDF book has photos of 115-OR wearing the black fin tip.

Thanks for sharing 527 with us.

Zhizhou

Outstanding Chris!!!!  I built this same kit ( different markings and colors ) and it is NOWHERE as well done as your`s.  The attention to detail is superb.  A standing ovation is in order for this masterpiece. :worthy:

Very nice rendition!!

Only one minor thing: as you based it on a N/D kit, it seems you have a bit of a small radome... overall length is ok, but radom not. In you case it would need some grey extension to the rear I think 3-5 mm?

2 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Outstanding Chris!!!!  I built this same kit ( different markings and colors ) and it is NOWHERE as well done as your`s.  The attention to detail is superb.  A standing ovation is in order for this masterpiece. :worthy:

Thanks very much. I was surprised how much work was needed on this kit. It was one of those that dragged on and in the end was pulled over the finish line by just-get-it-finished-itis.

5 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Very nice rendition!!

Only one minor thing: as you based it on a N/D kit, it seems you have a bit of a small radome... overall length is ok, but radom not. In you case it would need some grey extension to the rear I think 3-5 mm?

I can see you’re right by comparing with the photo I included of the real aircraft. I missed that one. Thanks (well not really because now I know it’s wrong and feel compelled to do something about it !).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CT Modeller said:

I can see you’re right by comparing with the photo I included of the real aircraft. I missed that one. Thanks (well not really because now I know it’s wrong and feel compelled to do something about it !).

Update underway. New radome position marked with masking tape and Milliput in the old radome engraving

IMG_3894

On 3/30/2020 at 12:41 PM, CT Modeller said:

New photos with revised nose! Looks much better now - thanks exdraken.

IMG_3902

IMG_3900

IMG_3898

IMG_3897

IMG_3895

Edited by CT Modeller
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• CT Modeller changed the title to Mirage 2000B in 1/72 (New photos with revised radome)
4 hours ago, CT Modeller said:

Thanks Glen. I guess you're at home like the rest of now. Time to get some of that stuff down from the attic

Certainly am! Roster has been wiped for the rest of the month. Got to take 2 weeks leave in each of April and May (unpaid sadly). There is some flying going on but most destinations also in lockdown so confined to hotel room when you get there. I can’t complain about lack of time now to model although my list of jobs does seem to get longer every day!

Hope you’re well

Well done Chris, you've pulled off a great result there.

I'm not holding my breath but I am hoping Special Hobby will come up with the Mirage 2000 series after they do their Mirage III/5's...   ...they did hint that they would.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Certainly am! Roster has been wiped for the rest of the month. Got to take 2 weeks leave in each of April and May (unpaid sadly). There is some flying going on but most destinations also in lockdown so confined to hotel room when you get there. I can’t complain about lack of time now to model although my list of jobs does seem to get longer every day!

Hope you’re well

Yes fine thanks. When you retire and you think you've got at least 8 hours a day to do want you want, you quickly find that the list of jobs expands to fill just a bit more than the time available. Having said that, in these strange times I've even got the time to get on with that Mach 2 Martin Seamaster