Hello everyone... Id like to present my Airfix 1/72 Bristol Bulldog. It was built in the Nordic group build and wears Finnish markings. It represents on of two IIa Bulldogs donated by Sweden to Finland for defense in the 1939-40 winter war. They were used as trainers in the Finnish Air force. TU6p16n.jpg

kx3qjwf.jpg

7lTDEVe.jpg

vB3eYzg.jpg

mGTQr3p.jpg

F33Sp0A.jpg

hQJ63ft.jpg

IAQS1ur.jpg

vxJtuZG.jpg

esYL7nu.jpg

bES5UIt.jpg

Here is a link to the build. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235066999-bulldog/

I did attempt to rig this but there was a minor disaster during the attempt. I think I was lucky just to rescue the build itself. Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 12

I'm a sucker for a good biplane build. Love the scheme too. Wish I could offer advice on rigging but it's something I struggle with too. I'm sure someone with a lot more knowledge and skill than me can help but I like it as it is!

• Thanks 1

I think it looks well. personally I would apply a matt varnish over the non-metalic areas, particularly the green. I think that simple treatment would improve your model noticeably. Use something like Windsor & Newton Matt Acrylic varnish it applies very easily with a brush and shouldn't react with your finish (test a spot first).

6 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

I think it looks well. personally I would apply a matt varnish over the non-metalic areas, particularly the green. I think that simple treatment would improve your model noticeably. Use something like Windsor & Newton Matt Acrylic varnish it applies very easily with a brush and shouldn't react with your finish (test a spot first).

Yes I am planning on this, i usually wait until I've got more than one kit to spray. Breaking out the A/B’s can be a bit of a chore for just one small plane. As I've got three builds starting paint today, shouldn't be two long until this is matted down a bit. 

• Like 1