-MIG-25 Pu - 1/48 - KITTY-HAWK

25 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Oh... do not bin them!

Maybr someone would even pay some money if they are in decent condition!

- Unfortunatly, owing to the size of my scanner, to avoid distortion of the scanned pages I cut each page separatly...So.......

- Blimey..!!! Just happened.....I told you about my doubts on the strenght  of resin parts. That's what I feared when removing the protection pad round the nose leg.......

xnMj5G.jpg

-This wouldn't happened with plastic parts owing to a greater elasticity.. Santa Cyano help me please  !!!!!.....And to add to this joyful Easter fest ? the photo shows an awfull separation paint line not that conspicious at direct view;   Well I think I have better continue my lockdown behind a glass of ti-punch.........5 parts white rhum, one brown sugar (not the grass), a limon slice, (ice cub is possible but this ill add water in the rhum....   beeuurk...) ......stirr well and enjoy........

vCybLq.jpg

-That's what I'm talking about........

• Like 1

- End in sight but bad unexpected surprise : The pronounced nose down attitude....!!!!!; Wheel oversized...? even in weighting the tyres it ill not be enough .......😬 😩😤 😡 🤬   Damned KITTY-HAWK....

-Too late to rectify, I still have the plastic parts  for the legs to replace the resin ones which may be too long for the main gear and too short for the nose gear at this stage I don't know.....

j4oYjX.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

- Many thanks my dear Uncle I will remove the resin parts they will be certainly destroyed in the process as they are glued with cyano but the plastic parts are inclued in the kit without metal reinforcement.

T8uCEz.jpg

xdml9v.jpg

-The plastic nose gear has the same length than the resin one so I'll keep it

5 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

- Many thanks my dear Uncle I will remove the resin parts they will be certainly destroyed in the process as they are glued with cyano but the plastic parts are inclued in the kit without metal reinforcement.

My pleasure, Monsieur JM!

Good thing about the main landing gear struts in the Kitty Hawk kit is that it brings the metal reinforcement which is key in the modification of the angle round the knuckle section and scissors on it so as to attain the angle for the proper sit of the aircraft.

Wish I had followed yer build right from the start to warn ye about the wrong sit and how to fix it, but then again, since you've used the resin legs, it feels as though you've got a good chance to fix it as per scalespot.com.

:idea:But, hey! You can always keep everything just as it is and depict yer aircraft while taking off/landing, as in "they're" piccy mate Werner has posted in the previous page. Wha'dyathink?

Cheers,

Unc2

5 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

My pleasure, Monsieur JM!

Good thing about the main landing gear struts in the Kitty Hawk kit is that it brings the metal reinforcement which is key in the modification of the angle round the knuckle section and scissors on it so as to attain the angle for the proper sit of the aircraft.

Wish I had followed yer build right from the start to warn ye about the wrong sit and how to fix it, but then again, since you've used the resin legs, it feels as though you've got a good chance to fix it as per scalespot.com.

:idea:But, hey! You can always keep everything just as it is and depict yer aircraft while taking off/landing, as in "they're" piccy mate Werner has posted in the previous page. Wha'dyathink?

Cheers,

Unc2

- Thank you my dear Uncle, I's an interesting idea I didn't ever prospect, it requires however some room to house the necessary base owing to the sheer size of the beast, at the moment, I didn't began firing the resin parts yet so it remain a possibility if my endeavour to use the plastic parts fails. The problem is that the K.H notice is made only around using the resin parts so if someone has the notice of a previous K.H Foxbat kit issued it would be helpful to have a scan of the plastic parts building process

-Have a nice day my friend it is almost 5 P.M here...... Whisky time is approaching.......

4 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

The problem is that the K.H notice is made only around using the resin parts so if someone has the notice of a previous K.H Foxbat kit issued it would be helpful to have a scan of the plastic parts building process

Me sees nay problem in there, JM. You just play the music and mate Werner and I will dance round for ye, ya hear? :lol:

Or won't we, Werner?

Port strut assembly in Step 6

spacer.png

Starboard strut assembly on Step 8

spacer.png

Considering the knuckles and scissors have to be added after you've sandwiched the reinforcements between "they're" plastic strut halves, it'd be wise to bend the struts to the proper angle before adding the knuckles and scissors, yeh?

Have a drink on me, since this is the fourth Friday I don't rejoice in the bliss of drinking my three to four pints of India Pale Ale brews... :weep:

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

- Thanks a lot my dear Uncle I will follow your wise advice. I will use metal wire to replace the kit issued rod  its strengthening is sufficient but easier to bent.

- We will have better time when lockdown finished my friend, I wish you renewing  your nice beer tradition as soon as possible and most of all take care of yourself and relatives.

- The plastic legs done they replace the resin ones. They have been removed easily in the contrary of what I was expecting about.

z31OSx.jpg

-Thanks to UNCLE2 whose help has been instrumental

6F2arO.jpg

-The look is now far better.....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

-Thanks to UNCLE2 whose help has been instrumental

Very glad to have been of help, Jean-Michel :worthy: Quite surprised that the PU release didn't bring "they're" reinforcements, tho. :hmmm:

Still hope I had caught up with yer build much sooner than I did. Think that, hadn't it been for this epidemic, you could have asked Kitty Hawk for some spares, as well as possibly getting the XMM resin suckers for yer build, since I discovered by chance that they fit the Kitty Hawk MiG-25 kits like a glove.

Yeh, they do...

Cheers,

Unc2

Edited by Uncle Uncool

18 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Very glad to have been of help, Jean-Michel :worthy: Quite surprised that the PU release didn't bring "they're" reinforcements, tho. :hmmm:

Still hope I had caught up with yer build much sooner than I did. Think that, hadn't it been for this epidemic, you could have asked Kitty Hawk for some spares, as well as possibly getting the XMM resin suckers for yer build, since I discovered by chance that they fit the Kitty Hawk MiG-25 kits like a glove.

Yeh, they do...

Cheers,

Unc2

- I quite inadvertantly discovered K.H had issued some resin add on to his kit. No words of this in Hannants, Lucky-models or Hobby-Easy. retailers,not to speak of France retailers...... If you need something a bit specialized or up to date better forget it........

Well, it's even worse down here, JM. Retailers will ask you to prove that the kit was purchased through their specific shops in order to get you spares. I've always resorted directly to the manufacturers instead, and luckily always got positive responses from them.

Sometimes mates on this forum provided their postal address so as to receive spares manufacturers won't ship to Argieland.

I always look for a way to get spares no matter what, even when it meant paying dearly for it.

Yeh, me does...

Cheers,

Unc2

• Thanks 1

- No I'm not  yet covid infected just an unexpected trouble with Pu cockpits........Watching again and again to photos of the cockpit area I discover a very big difference between the kit and the real thing.....

Woc0iX.png

Note the structure inside the forward and rear cockpits 

F5QnOa.jpg

gvqBzU.jpg

Qij47K.jpg

TQhzFy.jpg

-It is a job I really dislike having to use putty on an almost finished model so close to clear parts.....

TJUpAh.jpg

- To add the worst to the bad, the photo reveal unsuspected painting horrors not that visible with naked eyeball... BUT SHOW MUST GO ON........So please, if you built this kit, take this in account when you are in the cockpit building step........

• Like 1

-The forward canopy ,owing to its size, has to be a bit furnished at minimal with plasticard, putty and milluput

oK1pR9.jpg

R1xwNd.jpg

next step will be installing the canopy a some finishing ork to put a end at last to this building which will be posted in R F I weather permitting...

• Like 1

- Almost finished..

hlxFo7.jpg

lN15k4.jpg

-At last finished......It has been long and painful...... three bottles have been just enough to remain cool headed and keep going with this project.....but I'm still not entirely satisfied with the result. I probably will see her differently after a few days without my hands and eyes on her but I will for sure consider it as one of the worse kit I ever built........

4SQqhd.jpg