Lancaster ASR III/GR III +++FINISHED+++

Valenstitch

Done!

Right I`ve had enough of this one now

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I need to take some better images, but as far as the Lanc is concerned we`re done. I`m happy with some parts of it, and less so with others.  I consider it a good kit for twenty two quid, there are several assemblies that are below par IMHO, turret interiors, flight deck/cockpit, I have a couple more of these in the stash, so I know what to tackle next time, but on the plus side the surface detail is nice and it is a reasonably easy build with only a few mistakes in the assembly instructions, the Freightdog conversion was ok, no real issues, I think the flare chute should be more horizontal, and the Lifeboat is a poor fit on the Revell kit, but the manufacturer recommends the Airfix kit, so you can`t really argue about that, the main wheels are lovely, I really like them, I thought the Revell decals that I used were excellent as were the Extradecal set, I wasn't tremendously happy with the Vallejo paint, it has a nasty rubber/latex consistency once it is laid down which has given me some issues with masking, but thats about all. The Eduard canopy masks were excellent, I shall definitely use them again. The lifeboat is only held on with bluetac, I might use it somewhere else yet!

Ta for lookin` no G

Granto

Edited by Valenstitch
Missing images
  • Like 9

Hi.

Thank you very much for an excellent build, you have been a great inspiration to me.  As one who was born before WW2, the current problems are hitting hard.  For the last two or three years, because of health problems, I have been unable to finish a model, but with your help I am well on the way to completing my Revell Lancaster.  In years gone by I would have given you a run for your money, if I am lucky my current offering hopefully will will be on its wheels, but it will have little colouring on the outside, that is what I liked about yours, mine will be a RCAF 'Rescue' aircraft, using the gray plastic as a background for the bright decals I am hoping to get from my decal bank.  I do know what the inside of a Lancaster looks like, having flown in the BBMF aircraft for many hours in the early 1980s.  Will now get back to putting the windows in and then get on with fitting the wings.  Once again, thank you for the push.   Robin.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Robin said:

Hi.

Thank you very much for an excellent build, you have been a great inspiration to me.  As one who was born before WW2, the current problems are hitting hard.  For the last two or three years, because of health problems, I have been unable to finish a model, but with your help I am well on the way to completing my Revell Lancaster.  In years gone by I would have given you a run for your money, if I am lucky my current offering hopefully will will be on its wheels, but it will have little colouring on the outside, that is what I liked about yours, mine will be a RCAF 'Rescue' aircraft, using the gray plastic as a background for the bright decals I am hoping to get from my decal bank.  I do know what the inside of a Lancaster looks like, having flown in the BBMF aircraft for many hours in the early 1980s.  Will now get back to putting the windows in and then get on with fitting the wings.  Once again, thank you for the push.   Robin.  

You`re welcome Robin!

Granto

• Valenstitch changed the title to Lancaster ASR III/GR III +++FINISHED+++