What music are you playing: Part VI

Uncle Uncool

I am stuck on classics for some reason. I was playing ""Eldorado A Symphony by The Electric Light Orchestra", on my new compact disc player. The player is made by Onkyo, a 6 disc unit. The music sounded great and the opening with the great drumming is still absolutely fantastic. Oh, this is the CD with the bonus tracks added. Not sure if it belongs here or in the "acquisition" column. I recently received the above mentioned CD player to replace my old one. The old CD player was an Aiwa unit bought in 1999. It was a 5 disc player and was quite good until sometime in 1999 when it started to not play CDs properly. I then ordered a new CD player from Crutchfield in Jan. of this year. It was on a delay; they had an April 1, 2020 delivery date. Then they sent an email for May 1, 2020. However, it was delivered on April 15. I opened the box and plugged all the cords into the player and receiver. The old audio cord had to be replaced(Crutchfield packed a new one in the player's box). I haven't tried several CDs in it yet; will do so tomorrow. The player is an Onkyo DX-C390 CD player which can hold 6 discs. I bought it because of the brand(I have an Onkyo HTIB system. It has provided great sound and service for over 10 years); and it was the lowest price for the type. At $180(USD), it wasnt' cheap; but, the next player is around $300(USD).

Edited by JPuente54
Added more information
  • Like 2

This guy is fantastic, he's worked with Big Big Train on their Gathering Speed album (to commemorate those who gave everything during the Battle of Britain), he's also worked with Steve Hughes, also of Big Big Train and The Enid, and many other bands and artists. This album of his is terrific, what a voice he has, can really hit some high notes, excellent Prog/crossover/symphonic prog artist, guitarist, vocalist, musician, this album goes right into each song without breaks for the most part, the last two are the only ones that have a pause/break between songs.

49806694896_1bcfa7e63f_c.jpg

Edited by Markh-75

Just listened to Dire Straits Live at Wembley which I recorded of a video, not sure if you can get it on a CD

My favourite track is

The instumentals in the middle are marvellous

• Like 3