What music are you playing: Part VI

Uncle Uncool

Metallica @ London Twickenham 20 06 19, had wanted to see them live for ages but it had always eluded me, had expensive tickets for the Manchester show before this with a lady friend, we fell out and she sold them, even though I paid for them ... arghh, went looking and found a VIP ticket for London and in the spirit of you only live once, went for it and went alone on sleeper train down from Inverness ... bit of Karma there too, Manchester show rained, London show was dry, tried out Lars drumkit and all the bands guitars at their exhibit part that was part of the VIP experience, amazing buffet too ... have pics of that if anyone likes.

Watching this vid again (it is mine shot from galaxy S10 phone) its hard to imagine things getting like this any time soon again for a big stadium crowd ... its a shame, really am glad I caught them at this show in time.

This was as it was starting to get a little darker and the band were really ramping up, fantastic showmen ... love this stuff :)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, One 48 said:

had wanted to see them live for ages

Happy to see that you finally got to a live Metallica show. Ive seen them fifteen times and its always a killer show. Especially the “Seek and Destroy” crowd sing. Hopefully it wont be you're only time. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1

Met Steve Vai once where he was with Whitesnake and after a show in Edinburgh late 80's.

Amazing guy, his first acting part I think, he just looked the part and was there and someone cast him, Ry Cooder did the boys licks, wow this is great fun still :)

• Like 2

If you have headphones put them on. If not, wait until everyone is out. Now crank it up to 11 or beyond and click on this.

Forget the Vulcan Howl, a Porsche 911 on max chat or anything else mechanical.

The fact that Human voices can produce a sound like this always reduces me to jelly. Just the first 3:50 does it every time. Stunning!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Forget the Vulcan Howl, a Porsche 911 on max chat or anything else mechanical.

The fact that Human voices can produce a sound like this always reduces me to jelly. Just the first 3:50 does it every time. Stunning!

Spot on Pete. I'm also a fully paid up member of the Jelly Club.

Not quite as stunning, but I'll raise you a Verdi Chorus;

John.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Not quite as stunning, but I'll raise you a Verdi Chorus;

Mate, that one too!   When was the Wagner written? He died in 1893 I think, so it has to be about 150 years old?

Imagine how stunning it would have been back then. Was there much else that good? Ladies would be having the vapours!

And there was no way the people could have a copy to take home. You'd have to make repeat visits to the opera hall. If at all possible.

We had to have music lessons when I was at school. They didn't take. But if I'd heard these two it may have. Oh, and the Planets, on now BTW.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

We had to have music lessons when I was at school. They didn't take. But if I'd heard these two it may have. Oh, and the Planets, on now BTW.

My Mum insisted that I have piano lessons when I was about 12. Hated it! I had to learn things such as "If a wood chuck could chuck wood, how much wood would a wood chuck chuck?" Mind numbing! 

I'm with you again Pete with regards to the Planets. Brilliant. Oh, and another one.....Nimrod....and I don't mean that wingey thing.

John.

• Like 1