What music are you playing: Part VI

Uncle Uncool

On this cold and damp day during lockdown season I am listening to my old vinyls like Pink Floyd and at the moment Yessongs by... Yes  Triple album of live gigs!    Still sounds great ( with a teeny bit of crackle) Those were the days.  The only time I got to see them was about 1974/5 at QPR ground open air gig.

• Like 5

Just seen this load of drivel.

Advert pushing festivities way too early. Now, Becky Hill singing this is OK I suppose plus it almost makes Forever Young a Christmas song, maybe the teenyboppers will download it & make it number one, we'll see.

kmvGbYZy-S8

Now for the original as Marian Gold intended it, before it became West Germany's unofficial cold war anthem.

I personally think it would have been miles better if they had got Marian to sing on that advert, then I would have been impressed.

I think this sounds way ahead of its time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

I watched this on Tuesday the 29th anniversary of Freddie's death...

I have it on DVD - one of the greatest live performances of all time. Didn't realise it was 29 years ago ..... how on earth did that happen??

• Like 1

On freeview Yesterday channel this morning. Old BBC shows sounds of the sixties and sounds of the seventies.

Songs from TOTP, Old Grey Whistle test and various `variety shows. Mostly live stuff. Some miming on TOTP* (shock!)

Focus, Sensational Alex Harvey band, Abba, Carpenters, Stones, Moody Blues (Go Now, so Denny Laine), Cockney Rebel, etc etc.

Brilliant to see them, and probably for the first time in colour in some cases. Plus bits of Monty Python here and there.

* I believe that if the group mimed to their record the BBC didn't have to pay them so much.

• Like 2