Jump to content

What music are you playing: Part VI


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Whofan said:

I guess we're not in Kansas any more ........

Funny you should say that - For years, my go to piece of music when I left work on a Friday evening, jump in the car, put this on......

 

 

IanJ

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/09/2020 at 06:20, Mick4350 said:

Orphee. Johann Johannsson.

I've got his Miner's Hymns on loop in my car at the moment. A bona fide musical genius that passed far too soon.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I had a blast of Arlo Guthrie, Hobo’s Lullaby followed by Alice’s Restaurant Massacree ( Shrink, I wanna kill, KILL! See blood, gore and guts etc. )

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Yesterday I had a blast of Arlo Guthrie, Hobo’s Lullaby followed by Alice’s Restaurant Massacree ( Shrink, I wanna kill, KILL! See blood, gore and guts etc. )

Biggles can I interest you in twenty-seven 8 x 10 coloured glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one? 🤣😎🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Following a link to this;

 

 

I came across this, and I don't think it will be difficult to see the band's unique selling point.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 11:13 AM, Bullbasket said:

I've always been a fan of S&G,and i particularly like The Sounds of Silence

And another one,just been listening to Gregorian Chants and found this...

 

and another one,one thing i wish i could speak is Latin...

 

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this excellent German band live at the "Alstervergnügen" in Hamburg a few years ago. They are every bit as entertaining in the flesh as in the clip and it was made even more fun by numerous elderly German couples rocking and jiving to the music of their youth. The band were playing on a floating stage on the Alster lake and they mentioned later in their blog that the lead guitarist had been fighting sea-sickness throughout the performance!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A trip back to the 90's...

 

 

Edit: Someone might be able to help me with this,i can't remember for the life of me a track from the 90's that had a woman leaning against the wall of a house (maybe Stately Home) playing guitar and gets into a Karmann Ghia (i think)...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 9:05 PM, Whofan said:

 

I came across this, and I don't think it will be difficult to see the band's unique selling point.

 

 

Yes indeed. The drummer is outstanding.

 

(P.S. Thanks for the introduction to Khruangbin who were a new name to me)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Yes indeed. The drummer is outstanding.

 

 

:rofl2:

 

Oh, you've made my day - the drummer is outstanding !!:rofl:

 

(P.S. Thanks for the introduction to Khruangbin who were a new name to me)

 

You're welcome. They are very new to me, too. As I said, I was following a link to the tv commercials for coca cola, music by the Who, and this clip was in the side bar.

 

I can't say that the music wows me so much I have to go and buy an album, but it is pleasant enough.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Whofan said:

:rofl2:

 

Oh, you've made my day - the drummer is outstanding !!:rofl:

 

(P.S. Thanks for the introduction to Khruangbin who were a new name to me)

 

You're welcome. They are very new to me, too. As I said, I was following a link to the tv commercials for coca cola, music by the Who, and this clip was in the side bar.

 

I can't say that the music wows me so much I have to go and buy an album, but it is pleasant enough.

 

 

According to my nephew who is a professional drummer and drum teacher the drummer in Khruangbin really IS outstanding so I was only partly joking! 

 

I had a rummage around on YT for other stuff by them and found this which is interesting and fills in quite a bit of their background.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

According to my nephew who is a professional drummer and drum teacher the drummer in Khruangbin really IS outstanding so I was only partly joking! 

 

I had a rummage around on YT for other stuff by them and found this which is interesting and fills in quite a bit of their background.

Aaah. Oh dear, perhaps I shouldn't have laughed so much!

 

In the clip you linked to, I did like the one comment, that "metronomes are calibrated to the drummer" and in comments for another clip I saw this gem;

 

"CERN use this drummer to set the time on the atomic clock"

 

 

Edited by Whofan
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Whofan said:

Aaah. Oh dear, perhaps I shouldn't have laughed so much!

 

 

No, no. I was having a laugh and I'm glad it amused you. Laura is definitely an eyeful but it just so happens that the drummer is really, really good.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I'd give Oneohtrix Point Never a listen, as they (actually he) crops up frequently in comparisons with other electronic acts I like. After three albums, I think it's ok, I guess. I can hear hints of Cluster in places, maybe some of Aphex Twin's quieter moments, but nothing coming close to the masters of future-retro/hauntology, Boards Of Canada.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

Will listen to this LP later on tonight.

It was the album that first got me interested in Genesis. I've been a fan ever since.

 

John.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only band that matters ...

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...